35

Arieon was in the sunroom painting some pictures. She hadn't been up there since she had been kidnapped. For Christmas, Enzo got her a new set of painting equipment and a diamond necklace. She was so happy and excited to paint again.

"Why don't you make a scrap book for your son so he won't forget you when you leave", Agatha told her the next day. With the idea, she got a book with blank sheets.

She spent time writing lovely poems in the blank space. "This picture will be cute", she said as she picked up the cute painting of stars she made. After pasting a few pictures in the blank sheets. She closed the book and placed it on the table before walking out.

Her phone began to ring. "Hello?". "Arieon!", Alison's voice boomed in her ear making her pull the phone away from her ear. "Damn, Alison. I need my eardrums to work perfectly", she said. "Sorry, I'm sorry", Alison apologized sheepishly.

"So why are you squealing in my ear like a squirrel?", Arieon asked. "For your information, I do not sound like a squirrel", Alison said. Arieon could hear the scowl in her voice. She chuckled, "Get to the point".

"Dylan proposed! He fucking went on his knees and asked me to be his fucking wife!", Alison squealed. "Really?", Arieon asked in surprise. "I swear, I was shocked. His speech was so touching that I almost cried", her sister said. "Aww, that's cute", Arieon said. "Shut up", Alison mumbled.

"Tell the dumbass to call me", Arieon told her. "No problem. But we aren't getting married until you come home", Alison said. A smile spread on her face, "I'm glad you're considering me". Alison laughed, "I just wanted to update you. I'm so happy, I wish you were here". "Me too, sis", Arieon said.

"Don't cry little sister, we'll see each other very soon", Alison said. Arieon rolled her eyes. "I'm going to get a snack. Tell Dylan to call", she said. "Don't wolf down the whole house", Alison teased. "Get pregnant and you'll understand", Arieon retorted making her laugh. "Love you", Alison said abd hung up.

Arieon rolled her eyes and went to the kitchen. She began to cook dinner. When she was done, Agatha walked in. "I was just coming to make dinner", she said. "Already done", Arieon said. "You're not meant to be stressing yourself", Agatha scolded.

"I'm only five months pregnant, not crippled", Arieon said in annoyance. "What did you make?", Agatha asked. "Rice", Arieon replied. "It smells nice", Agatha said. "Of course it does", Arieon said and they laughed.

While they were eating, Matteo and Vincenzo joined them for dinner. "How was work?", Agatha asked them. "Horrible", Matteo answered as he wolfed down his food. He abd Enzo literally inhaled their food at once.

"I'm still hungry", Matteo moaned. "There's still more", Arieon pointed at the kitchen. "You're a lifesaver", he told her and literally sprinted to the kitchen.

The two men had left their houses very early that morning to attend a secret Mafia meeting. From there, they went to their companies. Matteo couldn't escape the numerous meetings that we're booked while Enzo had to travel across Italy to oversee his various companies. It wasn't an easy task. But it had to be done considering New Year was going to be next week.

"I think I'm going to die of being workaholic", Matteo said as he came back with a plate full of rice. The two women laughed at him. "I'm not going to die Young", Enzo patted his shoulder. "You're supposed to die along with me! That's what best friends do", Matteo fakes hurt.

Enzo rolled his eyes at his best friend, "Just eat your food and go to bed early". "You don't have to tell me twice", Matteo said as he ate his food.

After dinner, Arieon and Enzo went to their room while Agatha and Matteo waited in the kitchen.

"I see you're enjoying yourself", Enzo said as he climbed the bed. "Yes, I am", Arieon replied. "My bones are aching", Enzo moaned. "What exactly did you guys do that made you so worn out?", Arieon asked incredulously. "Okay", he shrugged.

"Went for a Mafia meeting, sold some drugs, checked the clubs and bars I owned across Italy. I also oversaw the other companies I have across the country. Matteo, on the other hand had to attend a lot of meetings that spent unnecessary amount of hours", he said. "I feel your pain", she said abd he narrowed his eyes at her.

"Let me massage your muscles then", she offered. "I'm not sure that could help", he said. "Massages always help", she said and crawled over to him. As she began to massage his back, he let out a sigh of content. "Your small hands are really useful", he joked. "And my long nails can puncture your skin", she warned.

"Don't you dare", he told her. A few minutes later, he fell asleep and she stopped what she was doing. Her gaze fell on his collar bone. There was a small tattoo of an eagle. It was very detailed but she wondered why hadn't noticed it.

"Hmm", she hummed as she placed her fingers on it and traced the details. Enzo shivered at the touch of her fingers and she smiled at the contact. Can she still leave him? A sigh left her lips as she laid back down on the bed.

She didn't like having to choose between things. It's not like as of Enzo loved her. He chose the baby over her, that was proof to show that he only cared about the baby.

If she met him under other circumstances and they would have hit it off as friends. She would fall him in many ways and her sisters would make fun of her about it. She was the type of girl to be attracted to bad guys instead of the perfect preppy ones. A sigh left her lips again as she looked down at her baby bump.

"It's going to be okay", she whispered and closed her eyes to go to sleep.