22. Spilled Coffee

I haven't gotten a wink of sleep after yesterday. When Mina said that she loved that girl, it was in my mind all night.

That girl must be a fantastic person if she has been in love with her since elementary school, and that's something else.

My selfish thinking always makes me wonder why couldn't I be that person she has loved since elementary school. But I knew it would've been unfair to her since I hadn't liked anyone until now.

I shouldn't be thinking like this. I have to move on. Maybe a distraction will work?

-

As I reached the office, Jihyo crossed paths ahead of me. I clumsily bumped into her, spilling my coffee on the both of us.

"Jihyo! I'm sorry!" I panicked and bowed as I glanced at the coffee stain on her shirt. It was on her chest and very noticeable.

"It's okay, Y/n. It happens." She smiled it off. She has to be secretly angry, she has to be.

"Can I offer you my jacket?" I asked her. I felt bad.

"Oh, no! You don't have to. You also got some coffee on you, so keep the jacket for yourself." Jihyo motioned her hands, rejecting my offer.

I quickly removed my jacket and tried to hand it to her regardless.

"Please, take it. It's my fault you have a coffee stain on your shirt." I pleaded for her to take it as she sighed.

"Okay, I'll take it, but I'll make sure to wash the jacket before returning it." She said before taking my jacket and putting it on.

"Make sure to clean up after yourself, okay?" Jihyo said to me as I nodded.

"Of course!" I smiled as she smiled at me too.

Jihyo quickly walked back to her seat as I walked to Mina's office.

I glanced at Mina, looking defeated.

"What happened, Y/n?" Mina seemed worried.

"I spilled your coffee and got it on myself... I'm sorry..." I bowed and felt embarrassed.

"Don't worry about it." Mina stood up from her seat and took off her jacket.

She walked up to me as she placed her jacket around me and fixed it.

"You didn't have to!" I felt flustered once again by her actions, my face was burning up.

"Of course I did. I don't want you to walk around with a coffee stain on you." Mina said, smiling, as she was making sure the jacket was on correctly.

I love that she is such a caring person. But I'm in trouble...

I'm falling more and more for her. This can't be happening...

-

Jihyo's Pov

The smell of her jacket is so fragrant. It's so pleasing, and it smells like roses. My favorite scent.

I know Y/n must've thought I was mad at her, but I'm not at all angry that Y/n spilled coffee on me, since it gave me a reason to talk to her.

Sadly, after hanging out at the cafe. That was the last time we could be together one on one.

I bet it's Ms. Myoui that is causing Y/n to be unable to talk to me.

Jeez, out of all people. Ms. Myoui should know that it is wrong for a boss to fall in love with her secretary, and Y/n doesn't even seem interested in her.

Heck, I mean, she was moved up from an errands girl straight to a secretary. There is no way Ms. Myoui isn't into her.

But I'm not giving up on Y/n just yet. I believe I have a chance. I'll take my time with it.

Suddenly, Jeongyeon and Nayeon came over to me as I turned to face them.

"Hey, we were both bored, and we-" Jeongyeon said before pausing.

Jeongyeon and Nayeon glanced at each other. They were mentally talking to one another, I bet.

"Is that Y/n's jacket?" Nayeon curiously asked.

"Y-Yeah, it is..." I nervously spoke, glancing down at the jacket.

"Are you two a thing?" Jeongyeon asked. I glanced at them as my eyes widened.

"N-No! Of course not! I-I just happened to walk in front of her, and she accidentally spilled coffee on me. So she offered her jacket." I nervously explained to them as they both were smirking.

"Then, do you have interest in Y/n?" Nayeon finally figured it out.

I became too stunned to speak as I froze.

"So she does have interest in her!" Nayeon loudly said as I shushed her.

"Be quiet! You are so loud!" I whispered to her.

"Okay, whatever, but spill the tea! Since when did you like her?" Nayeon asked. She is so nosy.

"Well... I always thought she was pretty from the moment I met her. But, I began liking her when we became closer."

"She's incredibly kind, caring, humble, and smart. She just stood out to me." I answered them as they squealed. Once again, I silenced them.

"Aww, that's so cute! We will be rooting for you! You got this! Win her over!" Jeongyeon became supportive as I smiled.

"Thank you, guys!" I told them.

But, part of me wasn't sure if I could win her over. All I knew was that it wouldn't hurt to try.