04. HEARTBREAK #2

A/N:

Happy 2022! Manifesting an abundant, healthy, rewarding 365 days to come. Let's all spend quality time with people who appreciate our authentic self rather than the mask we put on. Focus on you. Stop chasing people who are fine with losing you. You are amazing. You are a beautiful person. Lots of love <3

cara xx

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

FROM AKSHARA'S HEARTBREAK SALE

[ 57% discount for Christmas Season. Limited time only.]

HEARTBREAK #2:

HEARTBREAK TYPE: The kind that makes you hate high school politics.

SUITABLE AGE: 14 - 16

THREAT: Brainless boy, a pretty and popular girl and a dumb heart.

STORY OF ORIGIN: Akshara hoped high school would be a fresh chapter. She wanted to inaugurate it with an oath which was to stay away from boys and focus on her personal growth. Her Amma had told her she was extremely proud of her for doing it. Akshara also felt invincible.

Well, at least in the beginning.

Akshara inherited her Dad's leadership skills and his ability to get people to get things done for him. That was why when she was assigned to do a month-long bird-watching with Aman and write a report on it in the end, it didn't seem like a big deal to her. But boy was she wrong.

Aman was extremely infuriating. He wouldn't bend for her ideas nor would she when he claimed to have a better one than hers. Their plans always ended up in heavy arguments and aggressively ignoring each other. Akshara was stressing and obsessing over the project so much that she decided her only way to go about it was befriending Aman. The idea disgusted her but she had no choice.

Just imagine. Birdwatching for a month. Birdwatching outdoors in a beautiful scenic place. Birdwatching together, silently, observing birds and observing each other. Taking pictures of each other while claiming to take pictures of birds. Walking too close, sitting too close and standing too, too close. Kissing while birdwatching.

I mean, it was naturally bound to happen, right? Especially with all the tension in the air.

Akshara stumbled backwards after their kiss, touching her lips and blinking furiously as if that would tug her out of a trance. It was safe to say that the tiny peck on the lips that she shared with Everest didn't even count as a kiss. This was the definition of a kiss and her head spun because unfortunately, however much she tried to deny it, she actually enjoyed the kiss. She liked the way his lips were soft and warm on hers and how gentle but also confident he had been at the same time.

For once, Akshara was left speechless. She couldn't say anything in answer to Aman's expectant gaze.

He began. "I'm sorry. I-I shouldn't have done that, Akshara. I don't know what came over me. You were so close and –"

Akshara shook her head, making him stop. She didn't want him to say it was a mistake just because he assumed she wanted to hear it. "Did you like it?" she asked, shrugging her body and crossing her arms around herself tightly. The wind was strong and her hair was dancing recklessly.