3|2

At last we have arrived at the final chapter! We are officially wrapping up Zoe and Aiden's story. I want to give a huge thank you to everyone who has read this story, voted, and commented. It means so much to me and I'm forever grateful to you for taking the time to read my stories!

With that said, I hope you enjoy the final chapter of Kiss My Ice.

--

32.

Six weeks later

A shiver ran up my spine, teeth chattered inside my mouth. I couldn't stop fidgeting. I bounced back and forth from my left foot to my right. Fall had snuck up on me quickly and currently had me chilled to the bone.

Riley grabbed a hold of my arm, forcing me to stop my jigging in place. Her green eyes twinkled with mirth as she laughed. "Are you good? You haven't stopped moving since we got in line." Her eyes shifted up the long line of people ahead of us. "And the line hasn't moved in ten minutes."

I followed her gaze up the line of people that wrapped around the building. A wave of black, white, and electric blue. Adults and kids alike were bundled up in their warmest gear they had while still able to support their favorite team. Everyone all eagerly awaiting the doors to open.

"Yeah," I mumbled, realizing for the first time that we hadn't moved an inch. My hands ran up and down my arms. Why hadn't I worn a jacket over my hoodie? "Why haven't we moved?"

Riley released her hand from my arm, shrugged off my question. This must have been normal for a hockey game. "They should be opening the doors shortly."

Tonight, was the first time that I was attending one of the guy's hockey games. It was also my first hockey game ever.

Although the boy's season had started two weeks ago, and I had ample opportunities to attend a game, I had pushed it off for as long as humanly possible. I failed to tell my parents about my new relationship with Aiden, and it would have raised a lot of suspicion if I were to have randomly started to attend hockey games.

I wanted to make sure that things with Aiden weren't going to be just a small fling before I told my parents. I knew that they were going to be excited, my dad especially. Dad had been a fan of hockey long before I was born. The news that I had gotten past my hatred of hockey was actually dating a hockey player. Yeah, that was not news that my parents were going to take lightly.

And I was right. My parents lost their minds when I told them a week ago about my relationship with Aiden. Mom pulled me into the world's largest, longest bear hug as though I had told her that she just won the lottery of something. She then proceeded to inform me that her and Brooke Gray – yes, Aiden's mom – had become good friends since the barbeque over the summer and they had a running bet on how long it would take for the two of us to get together. Not an if, but a when.

Dad on the other hand, well I think he thought he gained a son-in-law. Him and Aiden get along better than I would have liked to admit. I think he too was secretly pushing for us to get together. If I wasn't so happy with my relationship with Aiden, I would have been annoyed that my parents were just waiting for us to get together.

"Is it always like this?" The fidgeting started again. "Why did we come so early if Mark doesn't have the doors unlocked so we can go inside. It's abnormally cold tonight."

It may have only been the middle of September, but there was a cold front that came through that dropped the temperature rapidly. Yesterday it was in the eighties, and now tonight it was in the forties. I was freezing standing outside in the cool wind in just a hoodie.