1|0

10.

"Let's just get this over with."

Aiden's voice was laced with irritation as he shoved a pair of gray hockey skates my chest before proceeding to step onto the ice.

Ow.

I let out an aggravated sigh. This was about to be the longest hour of my life.

I looked down at the hockey skates now in my hands, unable to resist the urge to roll my eyes. Of course we had to start off with hockey.

My hangover headache was finally starting to feel better until I leaned down to put on my skates. Then the pounded returned in full force. Great.

Aiden had already finished with his warmup laps by the time I made it onto the ice and started my own warm up. The hockey skates felt foreign on my feet, and I couldn't help the frown from pulling down my lips. I didn't understand why I couldn't just wear my own skates. I was certain I'd still be able to push around a puck in my own skates.

"Any day now Lodge," Aiden called after I finished my fourth lap.

I shot him a glare. He was not so patiently waiting by the hockey net in the middle of the ice. His left-hand rest on the cross bar as he watched with a bored expression.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes as I started in his direction.

"You," I grunted. "A little patience would be nice."

As I went to stop, it became crystal clear that these damn hockey skates were in fact nothing like my figure skates. I lost my balance and began to fall forward. I tried my best to recover myself, but it was too late. The damage was done. I had crashed forcefully in Aiden, sending the both of us crashing into the ice.

Maybe it was the shock, or maybe we were both in pain. Neither one of us made an effort to move so we laid on the ice. Chests pressed against one another. I could feel his lack of padding – he was just wearing a hoodie, so there was a good chance I'd accidentally hurt him.

My eyes grazed his face. If he was hurt, he was damn good at hiding it. Our eyes met. There was no annoyance or irritation, just an unreadable expression in his dark eyes. I bit my lip. His eyes were my kryptonite.

Several longer moments passed by before his lips curled into a soft smile causing the corners of his eyes to crinkle. My mouth went dry.

"Are you going to get off of me?"

I blinked slowly. My brain needed time to process that he had just said something and then what he said.

"Right, sorry." My cheeks flushed with heat. I rolled off of him, quick to scramble to my feet.

Swallowing my pride, I reached my hand out to Aiden. I wasn't his biggest fan but it seemed like the courtesy thing to do since I was the reason he was on the ice. Aiden elected to ignore my out hand, rising to his feet on his own.

The sweet smile from moment ago was gone. Replaced with a smug, toothless smirk. "Can't stop without a pair of figure skates?"

I bit down on the inside of my cheeks, chewing lightly as I retracted my hand slowly. Thanks for making an already situation that much more awkward.

"Don't even start," I warned. My irritation of his presence was back in full force. I crossed my arms over my chest in an effort to look bigger. "I've had a long more already."