CHAPTER EIGHT

Why does his word always end up stunning me?

He has this way with his word that always kept me overwhelmed. He always acted around me as if he doesn't care about a thing in the world, his face always stoic and expressionless. But at the most unpredictable moment, he reveals his inner emotions in the most breathtaking ways, taking me aback. I liked it; I really did, but I really wished he would show more emotion on his face and his words more often.

So, when he said he was excited too, I was stunned on place for a moment before I could actually process his words. I wanted to say something, anything, but the professor entered the class at that very moment and started the class. I couldn't help replay his word as a smile crept on my face. Athena glanced at me a few times, fully knowing what was going on but mostly kept silent, not wanting to ruin my happy moment.

Now that the class was almost over, I felt more and more impatient. I hoped for the class to quickly end so that I could talk to Kegan again. Not that I had any idea about a topic on that. All I wanted was to look at his face and hear his heavenly voice. With that thought in mind, I looked behind to steal a glance at Kegan. And as if he read my mind, he too looked at me from his notes.

I loved the moments our eyes meet. It was magical and lovely. Like we both get lost in a world that only belonged to us and no one else. It calmed all the nerves I get when I'm around him. It was like a perfect remedy for my shy and timid personality. I could just glace at him eyes for only a second and all I know is peace. I gave him a quick smile before looking back at my work.

The class ended with Prof. Amanda telling us she will give an assignment next week. She was tiny and very sweet. She had this childish way that made us feel like we were little kids. Regardless of that, her lectures were very informative and interesting.

The class started to empty itself as soon as the professor left. After packing up all my belonging, I turned to Athena who was busy stuffing her bag with all her books and stationery. The girl was tiny, but she sure loved to carry everything to all her classes. Whether it was a practical class or theory, her bag was always so full.

A chuckle escaped my mouth as I observed her in act. She looked at me immediately and pouted her lips bitterly, as if she knew what went through my head.

"Sorry, sorry." I laughed louder, waving my hands in the air. This time, she laughed with me.

When we finally walked out of the class, Kegan was waiting right outside. He looked so good in his grey sweater and blue jeans, as he leaned on the wall. My heart skipped a beat, realizing that he had been waiting for me. His eyes met mine immediately but remained silent.

"Hey Kegan!" Athena greeted him with excitement. Her eyes had a hint of hope for a reply but only got ignored in return as Kegan looked away. He looked extremely awkward and uncomfortable, as he tried to give a blind eye to Athena.

Athena shrugged as my eyes met hers, letting me know that she tried. I had a feeling that this would happen, yet I hoped for us to get along together. I knew it would either take a long time or would never happen, but I still hoped for the best.

"Anyways, I'll get going now. Mama would want me home early since I spend the whole day at yours yesterday. I'll see you tomorrow." She said before giving me a quick hug and walking off.

"Alright. See you tomorrow. Say hi to your mom for me, please." I said as I watched her disappear into the main hall, waving her hand at me.

When she was gone, I looked back at Kegan who was still looking away into space. He still looked uncomfortable trying to remain where he was.

"Kegan?" He looked at me immediately when I called his name. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Sorry, I just don't like her." He said without any hesitations while he continued to look into my eyes.