Chapter | 3

By 6:00 the next morning I was already up and dressed. To say it was a rough night would be an understatement. After I threw up I was able to go back to bed, but by 1am I was back in the bathroom throwing up again. Then I fell asleep for an hour, but was woken up at 3 by an awful feeling in my stomach again. I continued to throw up on and off until about 5:00, and by that point there was no point in going back to bed so I decided to take a shower.

I was currently sitting on the coach watching tv while trying to eat the bowl of crackers and Sprite I had gotten myself. Let's just say it wasn't going very well. Eventually I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I turned my head to find Matthew walking into the kitchen probably to start the coffee. He whistled while pouring the water into the coffee maker and starting it. Not even realizing I was there. When he finally turned around and saw me he practically jumped 3 feet in the air.

"Gosh you scared me." He said, placing his hand on his chest.

"Sorry." I laughed.

"It's fine. What are you doing up anyway?" He asked, but before I could answer a look of understanding passed over his face as he took in the Sprite and crackers in my hand."Rough night?"

I nodded while trying to eat a cracker without gagging.

"Are you sure you still want to go to school?" He asked.

I contemplated it for a minute. I mean I had been up practically all night throwing up. No one would blame me for staying home right? But then I remembered the talk I had given myself last night about wanting to feel normal and decided against it.

"No I'll go, it's fine." I said.

I saw the look of unease on my brother's face, even in the dimly lit room, but after a moment's hesitation he gave me a small nod and said,"Okay, just remember if it gets to be too much you can always call me."

I nodded, letting out a small sigh of relief just as the coffee pot beeped. Matthew walked back into the kitchen, getting himself a cup of coffee before wandering back into the living room and taking a seat on the couch next to me.

Eventually Sophi and Nicole came downstairs and ate breakfast. When we were all finished eating I took my meds. Somehow I had managed to eat all the crackers so my stomach should be able to handle it hopefully.

*******

I was halfway through my Chemistry test when my stomach started churning.
Knowing what was about to happen I walked up to Mr. Fisher's desk and asked him if I could use the bathroom. I quickly filled out the pass that he had written for me and practically ran to the bathroom before locking the door to the handicapped stall and collapsing in front  of the toilet.

I don't know how long I threw up for but when I was finally done I felt completely drained of energy. After I flushed the toilet I positioned myself so I was sitting with my back to the side of the stall and my head in between my knees.

Eventually I heard the bathroom door open and the sound of footsteps echoed through the bathroom as someone walked in. They turned on the sink. After a couple seconds I heard the footsteps coming toward the stall I was in.

"Nol? It's just me. Can I come in?" I heard Grayson's voice ask softly from the other side of the door.

Letting out a sigh of relief I reached up and unlocked the door before putting my head back in between my knees. I heard the door lock again, and then felt a cold paper towel being placed on the back of my neck. I brought my head up and leaned it against the stall, keeping my eyes closed still.

"Thanks." I muttered quietly.

"No problem." He replied.

After a couple of minutes I slowly opened my eyes, and saw him sitting directly across from me.

"So how'd you get Mr. Fisher to give you a pass?" I asked, once I felt good enough to talk without my voice shaking.

He shrugged, "I told him you were on chemo and that I should come check on you and he agreed." He said before adding, "I hope you don't mind, sorry I should've asked."

He gave me a guilty look. Knowing how much I hated it when people gave me special treatment.

"Don't worry about it. I'm glad you're here." I said with a small smile.

"Me too. Well not really I'd rather not be sitting on the gross floor of the school bathroom after my best friend just puked  his guts out." He said. My eyes widened in shock at his blunt response, but before I could say anything he corrected himself, "What I mean is that I wish you didn't have to go though this, but as long as you are I'm going to be right here with you."

I smiled, grateful to have him. I really did have the best friend ever.

"Thanks that means a lot to me."

"Of course, I'm always here if you need me. Now are you ready to go back to class?" He asked.

I nodded, feeling a little better. He walked over to me offering me a hand, which I gratefully accepted, knowing that if I tried to get up on my own I would most likely collapse. I stumbled a little as I stood up, but luckily Grayson steadied me before I could fall back down.

"You sure you're okay?" He asked, raising his eyebrows at me.

"As okay as I'll ever be." I replied with a sigh.

____________________________
Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Please let know what you think in the comments. I really enjoy reading all your thoughts, and don't feel bad correcting any of my spelling or grammar mistakes.

Also thanks so much for being here I really do appreciate all the support!

Word count 930