chapter twenty five

y/n's pov

we were sitting at our lunch table and gabi was still trying to convince me to give her my grilled cheese so i just gave in and gave it to her.

" yay ! thanks y/n. " she smiled.

we were all talking , luis had his arm around me when we heard an obnoxious laugh.

" ew who laughs like that ? " gabi said which made me laugh.

" god damnit. is that rachel ? " we heard averman curse.

" yeah. i think. " luis nodded his head.

" hey luis! " she walked towards us.

she gave me an ugly look as she continued to remove luis' arm from around me.

" who does she think she is ? " julie whispered to me.

i shrugged my shoulder and tried to keep my cool since i almost swung in mindy earlier.

" hey rachel. " luis smirked.

he smirked. are you being serious ? i have never felt this much jealousy in my life. but i stayed calm and remembered that luis and i aren't dating so technically he has every right to do that. right ?

" so luis , when's your next hockey game ? " she asked him while smacking her gum.

" friday. " he answered her.

" cool. maybe after we could do something. " she smirked while luis deeply chuckled.

gabi looked at me and noticed how upset i was. so she tried to distract me from it.

" i like your outfit ? " she smiled at me.

" thanks. " i smiled knowing the at luis also complimented it.

gabi was doing a pretty good job distracting me until rachel kissed luis and he didn't even try to pull away.

my eyes started to sting from the tears. i couldn't be in the same room as them right now , so i slammed my hands onto the table and caught everyone's attention. including luis.

i quickly walked out of the cafeteria hoping no one could see my tears that started to over flow out of my eyes.

gabi and nia noticed how upset i was and went after me.

i ran straight to my dorm , not caring who saw me or who tried to talk to me.

i made it to my dorm and tried to collect myself before i went back out.

i heard knocking on the door and assumed it was luis.

" go away. " i ordered.

" y/n , open the door. it's us. " i heard nia say.

i opened the door and the girls pulled me into a hug. as i quietly cried into their shoulders.

" listen y/n. this is the plan. " gabriela said pulling away from me.

" you're gonna calm down and get yourself together. then you're gonna go back down there and pretend like you didn't care. " she said.

" exactly. because baddie's don't cry over dumb guys in front of them. " nia added.

which made me laugh. i got myself together and fixed my highlighter because i kinda ruined it.

luis' pov

shit. i knew i missed up the second rachel said my name.

and when she kissed me , i couldn't pull away. i feel really bad though. especially since y/n was right there. i need to make it up to her.

y/n's pov

i walked back into the cafeteria like nothing never happened.

except i didn't sit next to luis. i didn't talk to him. i didn't look at him. i just pretended like he wasn't there.

lunch was over and i threw my food away and walked to my locker since it was time for fifth period.

i was opening my locker when luis slammed it shut.

i jumped because it was so random.

" what the hell. " i said.

i noticed it was luis so i just rolled my eyes and tried to walk away but he ended up pulling my arm back.

" let go. " i said sternly.

" no. we need to talk. " he said gently.

" and i'm saying to let go of my arm. " i said yanking my arm.

" y/n. please. " he held onto my shoulders as he looked into my eyes.

i tried to not cry so i had to look down.

" look at me. " he said.

" no. "

the bell rang and his grip on my shoulders loosened. i took that chance to get out of his reach.

" i'll see you later. " he said.

" no you won't. " i walked away.

—————————————————————

a/n: my heart broke while writing this. anyways , i promise it'll get better.