xiv

TRIGGER WARNING⚠️ : mentions of suicide, mentions of SA.

PEACE ARMONI JONES
|18|

"TELL ME something you wanted to do but never got to

"TELL ME something you wanted to do but never got to." Von spoke as the sat in his car. They had made it home a few hours ago. They had dropped Amaru off at Eboni's since she wanted to see him and now the two were parked at the beach just talking.

"I always wanted to go on prom." Peace shrugged as she laid her feet in his lap.

"Why you ain't go?"

"I graduated from high school early. My grandma told me that she would do my prom send off the week after my graduation. She had to wait on the food stamps and social security checks to hit." Peace laughed as she thought about Afeni. "She was murdered two days after I graduated. Instead of a prom send off the week after, I had to bury her."

"Let me give you one."

"One what?" Peace questioned as she watched him inhale some smoke.

"A prom send off Peanut." He laughed turning his head towards her.

"It's fine Von." She spoke lowly. Although she really did want a prom send off she didn't want Von to keep doing for her.

"Come on P."

"Fine." She spoke lowly before smirking. "Only if you let me take you out of town for your birthday."

Dayvon's birthday was slowly approaching and Peace wanted to do something big for him to show her gratitude and appreciation for him.

"Whatever you want foe nem." He spoke softly as he rubbed her feet. "Just send me the price of everything."

"No." She smirked. "That's the catch. Just like you get to pay for everything for my send off, I get to pay for everything for the trip."

He looked over at her with his eyebrows slightly scrunched. He wasn't mad or anything about anything she said he was just confused on why she always wanted to do things for him. Any female he was ever with always expected him to provide because they knew he had money. But with Peace, it was a different story.

"No P—"

"You want to do the send off right?" She questioned with a smile.

"Mmcht." He smacked his lips before laughing. "Where we going P?"

"I don't know yet and I'm not telling you." She shrugged.

"I want you to meet my peoples Peanut." He spoke inhaling some smoke as he rubbed her feet. "My kids and shit."

"U-um that's fine." Peace spoke.

"Youn' got to if you don't want to P." Von spoke taking a pull from his wood.