Chapter 6 .

I bit my lip and tried to casually change the subject.

"Ash, when did you wake up?" I asked.

"You woke me up when you practically slammed the door." She winked at me. She was playing along, trying to distract the attention from the comment about the clearing. "Might I ask why you two are sitting in a tree... Alone... So close to each other?"

I was just then that I realized that, when I had sat up, our faces were less then a foot away.

I quickly backed away, scooting across the branch to the thinner side.

He rumbled with laughter.

I scooted even farther off, until the branch grew to thin for me to scoot away.

I knew that if I fell, I would probably be fine, we were only about 6 feet off the ground.

"I tried to sneak off and he caught me. He forced me to take him here." I said.

A look of understanding came to Ash's eyes.

"I feel like there is something you're not telling me." Lukas grumbled. "Something about 'the clearing?'"

I bit my lip.

"The clearing is just the grass on the end of the forest." Ash said casually.

I envy her ability to say calm.

"You're lying, it's a clearing of grass in the middle of the forest that you use as a hide out." Lukas accused.

"What? No it's not." I lied. My voice came out horse.

"You're a really bad liar." He said. He scooted over, slightly closer to me.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"I followed you into the forest yesterday." He said, surprisingly casual.

"Oh my gosh, you're a bloody stalker!" I exclaimed.

"You really think that I would have just sat there while you were telling me that you were running off. You locked your door, but I heard your window open. I saw you run into the forest and I followed you, honestly, I'm surprised you didn't notice me." He said.

"I hate you so much! You better not do anything to harm the clearing!" I yelled.

"Chill, I won't." He paused. "I promise."

"You promise?"

"Yep... On the condition that you allow me to come with you occasionally." He said.

"I knew there had to be a catch." I sighed.

"You know me too well." He said.

"Ugh! I will murder you if you break your promise." I said.

There was a pause.

"Hey, I just randomly thought of something." He announced. "You still owe me a kiss."

I scooted to the farthest end of the branch. It was so thin that if I moved, it could probably break.

"A kiss?" Ashley asked.

I had completely forgotten that she was there.

The only issue was, I was so startled that I jumped. Then it happened...

The branch broke and I fell to the ground, landing on my bum.

"Shiz! Ouch!" I exclaimed.

"Oh my gosh are you okay?" Lukas and Ash exclaimed at the same time.