13

Stefan's Point Of View

I parked my car in the police station parking lot, and when I entered, I glared at the two children in the holding cell.

One of them was even a legal fucking adult, but still a fucking child.

"Look who it is! Wonder boy!" They cheered sarcastically, and I rolled my eyes, filling out the paperwork to get them out.

Lucky for them, I didn't need to pay for anything; If I did they'd be there until their time was served.

When they let the two of them out, I walked back to my car while holding my baby sister to my side protectively, glaring at my brother as he tried to explain myself.

"We just-- We didn't want to worry everybody!" He reasoned, getting in the passenger seat after I helped our sister into the back.

"Oh, don't worry, Cain. I'm way passed worried." I growled, driving back to the compound so I had Clint and Nat present.

Why?

Oh, no big deal, it's just, if I'm alone with Cain while he explains this shit to me, I'll kill him; I need people who can stop that from happening around, just in case.

"I'm sorry, JJ." Faith said from the back seat.

I glanced at her from the rear view mirror, and saw her on the verge of tears, clutching my jacket tighter around herself.

"You're alright, Faith. It's alright." I reassured her, pulling into the pharmacy on the way to the compound.

"Wait here. You get out of this car and I'll paint the hood of my car with your fucking brains." I said, looking directly at Cain, who gulped, nodding vigorously as I got out of the car and went inside.

I grabbed what I needed, and placed it on the conveyor belt, the cashier raising their eyebrows practically to their forehead at what they saw.

"Fun night?"

I ignored them, handing them the money and grabbing it before they could even put it in a bag after handing me the receipt.

I got back in my car, and went back to driving, my siblings both silent as we drove.

When we got to the compound, everyone was waiting for my return, Clint and Nat both positioned like they had been many times before; prepared for Cain or Faith to run away, while also prepared for me to try and strangle Cain to death.

"Sit. Both of you." I hissed, pointing to the open couch.

They both sat down, and I took a deep breath, getting a glass of water for Faith, before I opened the Plan-B package and handed her the pills she needed to take.

"Swallow." I instructed, and she sniffled, doing as told before she stuck out her tongue and lifted it so I could ensure that she did, indeed, take them.

"Okay. Faith first."

Cain was frantically looking for an escape, while I took the throw blanket from the other couch and put it over Faith, kissing her forehead as I sat next to her.

She leaned into me, nuzzling her face in my chest.

"We were both drunk. Cain beat him up."

I sighed, and looked at Cain.

"How could you let this happen? You're her guardian, Cain."

Cain scoffed. "It's not my fault! She told me she was going to her friend tiffany's! I didn't know 'Tiffany' was a nickname for a college boy named Colten!"

Faith hid her face further in my chest.

"Faith..."

"I know."

Cain scratched the back of his head, and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I called Lilian, but she hung up on me when I told her where we were..."

I rolled my eyes, taking out my phone to call my oldest little sister.

"I don't wanna fucking know." Was the first thing that I heard when she answered.

"I took care of it. We're all good over here."

"Oh. Good. Jasper came by today. Little shit tried stealing my fucking car! Can you believe him?"

I raised my eyebrows. "Hold on a sec. Hey, Cain?"

"Hmm?"

"You heard from Jasper lately?"

Cain shook his head, while Faith went completely still.

I slowly lifted her head, and look in her eyes.

She tried to keep strong, but she squeezed her eyes shut. "He asked where Lily lived and I told him. He looked better, so I thought it'd be fine."

"Well, there it is." I said, now back to talking with Lilian.

"Yup. Oh and Keagan called me; wanted to know why you never visit. I'd call him if I were you. Talk later, okay? Bye."

And with that, she hung up.

----------------------------

After about an hour of squeezing as much as I could out of my siblings' brains, I took them to a two-person room, letting each of them rest.

Clint and Nat were now on the couch while I paced in front of them.

"At least you caught it in time, right? Could've been worse." Clint tried to look on the bright side.

"What about the others? They're all still doing--"

Nat stopped when James entered the room, a concerned look on his face.

"Why are their two people in the guest bedroom? Who is the man? is the girl your sister? Why is there a Plan-B package in the trash? What's going on?"

I pulled him into a hug, taking a deep breath as I buried my nose in his hair.

"My youngest sibling, Faith, and my brother Cain. The package is Faiths, because she's 17 and was stupid. Cain got caught up in the mess."

He processed the information, before nodding.

"Okay... Still confused as to why you're involved, though."

"Cain beat up the boy that got Faith pregnant. I had to get them from the police station because our other siblings were too busy or didn't care."

"Oh."

I nodded, sighing as I slumped into the couch, Nat and Clint giving me the 'we'll leave you two alone' look and leaving the room.

James sat on my lap, facing me, his hands on the back of the couch, next to my head.

"You okay?"

I grunted, closing my eyes as I ran a hand over my face.

"Just lovely."

He chuckled lightly, before he leaned closer, pecking my lips.

"You're a good brother, Stefan. Do they have anywhere to go?"

I hummed, thinking about when the last time I ever took them to a house that wasn't mine.

"Nope. They'll stay at my apartment."