Chapter 2

~~~ 4 years later ~~~~

Y/n's POV

It's been 4 years since my grams death. Gramps went into a dark state for the first year and a half after her death. He drank a lot and slept. Never did anything to bad but we would get in lots of arguments.  I'm now 16 years old and Turing 17 in 2 weeks. I'm not going to lie. I was scared but I was also very excited.  Hiroto had been giving me harder lessons and has been more strict. I know he's worried for me and is trying to prepare me more than I already am.

"Hey Hiroto-Sensai. I'm ready for your death trap of training exercises"

Hiroto-sensai just laughed at that and told me to go ahead and warm up.

After training I met up with Asahi and Aimi at our usual spot by the River.

"I'm moving" Aimi said as she looked down at the floor while biting her tongue to hold back tears.

" what do you mean your moving? Like moving houses? This island is big but not big enough for us to not still see each other weekly" I said while drawing in the dirt

" no N/n I'm moving to a new island. Father lost his job and is making us move to a new island because he can't get a job here. " Aimi started to softly cry when she finished crying

Asahi just stared at her with wide eyes as if he just saw a ghost. I walked to her and hugged her while she rested her head on my shoulder.

"It's okay Aimi. In 2 weeks I'm becoming a pirate and when I do I will come visit you on your island."

"A-and when I become a marine I will come see you as well" said Asahi

Aimi and I both looked at him with wide eyes because he never told us he was becoming a marine. Both me and Aimi don't like marines. Both for different reasons but still. Aimi hated marines because her mother was a marine and left her and her father to be a marine. She never came back for them. I always assumed she was killed before she could come back but I never told Aimi that because if her mom was alive she would be even more hurt that she was right and her mom did abandon her. I always knew he wanted to be a marine but waited for him to tell me instead of asking.

"I never told y'all because I know y'all hate marines. I'm becoming a marine to become head of the government so I can change the marines evil ways" said Asahi with a big warm smile on his face.

" wow Asahi. That's a wonderful dream. A dream that you will accomplish" I said while Aimi nodded her head while smiling at Asahi.

~~~~ day before departure~~~~~

Gramps and I went fishing and had a picnic on the shore of the river just like we did when I was a kid and when grams was around. Gramps stopped drinking around the 3rd year after grams death. I'm glad he did because I couldn't handle anymore arguments. I wanted to spend as much time with him as I can before I leave him and my village.  When we got back Aimi and Asahi was at our door with a in their hands.

" gramps I will be right back. Aimi and Asahi are here" I said as I waved to him

I ran to them and looked at them with a curious face and asked " what's with the bags?"

" well since I'm leaving in 2 hours and your leaving tomorrow morning. Me and Asahi thought we would by each other gifts. Gifts so we can remember and always have a piece of each other with us" said Aimi

" well shit I would have bought gifts if I had known. Wait one moment. I've got just the thing for both of y'all" I said as I ran inside

" okay Aimi I what you to have this blue oversized sweatshirt that I wear. It's my favorite and I don't want it to get ruined while I'm out at sea. Keep it safe would you. Asahi I have this book for you. It's not your favorite subject but it's my favorite books and I truly think you would love it. And I know this is the only book you haven't read on this island so here" I said handing Aimi and Asahi their gifts.