- ; [ 038 ]

Starting over wasn't always easy.

of course not. It meant a new beginning, it meant being unfamiliar but still having the passion to keep going.

So, starting over was never easy for any ordinary person.

You weren't an ordinary person though.

The second day of staying in the grand Palace is today, so for every servant that you walked past, you smiled tenderly at, easily capturing their hearts without much effort.

Whenever you'd see them struggling with something, you'd assist, for example helping with heavy items, assisting the laundry washes and treated the servants free meals.

"Do you need help with that, pretty lady?"

You'd simply say and they'd melt, immediately accepting your assistance and opening up to you as you start a conversation while doing the chores.

"Gosh the foreigner that came with the new Queen is so charming!"

"She helped me clean earlier!"

"She carried the boxes of ingredients for me when she noticed me struggling!"

You were more than satisfied to hear their chatting, humming with a grin before returning to the Queens detached palace to meet with Navier.

The sound of a cart catches your attention as you turn to see what seemed to be one of Christa's ladies-in-waiting putting plates of the latest trendy desserts on a cart.

You glance towards the two disposable lunch boxes in your hands, one for Navier and one for you.

Dejectedly decided to give yours to Christa, you approach the girls, "Good afternoon." You start, pretending to notice the desserts for the first time before enthusiastically brightening up.

"I've made some tarts for Lady Christa, is it okay if you deliver these to her?" You smile, showing them one of the lunchboxes.

They seem reluctant, but nod, "Is there anything else, Miss ( y/n )?"

You shake your head, "No that's all."

You watch as they take the lunch box, carrying it as it didn't fit in the snack filled tray before leaving, heading towards the opposite direction as Navier's room.

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

"You're Majesty, ( y/n ) ( l/n ) has sent you a gift."

Christa perks up, wondering what you'd given to her after barely a day in the palace.

The lunchbox is placed in front of her, and as she opens it, she's surprised to see a wide variety of mini tarts with different flavors and different designs.

"I've asked around and the servants say she baked those in the kitchen recently." Her blond servant states, still rather wary of you.

"You Majesty..what if it has poison?"

Christa immediately looks at them angrily for such a thought, "She wouldn't send me to my death unless she wants to be executed." She reasons with something they would believe.

"And she smiled so warmly and treated me with much kindness yesterday, she would not put poison in my food." She firmly continues, picking up her favorite flavor and taking a bite.

The delicious flavors immediately fill her taste buds as her eyes light up, "My, these are wonderful." She whispers, taking another bite before finishing the dessert.