- ; [ 043 ]

guys..ive been skimming my chapters and looking for the maids name BUT I CANT FIND IT ☠️

lets pretend her name is Aster 😍
══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

The second day of the wedding was a masquerade ball and this time, Navier had encouraged you to wear a suit, saying it would be nice if you danced with the ladies who had recently debuted and didn't know much about high society just yet.

You liked the idea.

Dancing with men was much more tiring, but dancing with the newly noble appointed girls were fun because that meant you could tease and converse with them as much as you wanted.

All morning, all you did was dance with the younger ladies, most likely in their late teens and converse with them enough to get them comfortable with the atmosphere.

Now it was the afternoon, and you'd decided it was your time to rest and just lounge around while enjoying the food.

Usually, you'd sit sith Nian and chat with her circle of friends, but she wasn't here anymore after the incident with Viscount Landre.

The taste of the fruit cake melts in your mouth as you hum, enjoying the flavours that weren't too sweet nor too plain—just perfect.

"Oh my.."

"What's going on..?"

You raise an eyebrow at the sudden commotion, turning towards the direction where most stares were directed.

You almost choke on your food when you see Navier and Rashta dancing together, seemingly having a conversation.

..I want to listen in.

Enhancing your senses, you feel your canine teeth grow, just as your hearing increases it's range.

Just don't open your mouth and you wouldn't be noticed.

"If you ever find yourself in trouble next to Baron Lant, ask Marquis Karl for help." Navier quietly advices, leading the way as she flows with the music.

"Huh? What?"

"Marquis Karl is a subordinate of his Majesty, but he is just a man who is not swayed by personal feelings. If it's for the country, he'll help you."

"What are you..?"

The dumb idiot still couldn't comprehend that her senior was giving her proper advise in running an Empire, but you could tell from her expression that she was only going to think that Navier is lying to her so she could fail.

Foolish girl.

Predicting it's all they're going to talk about, you retract your enhanced abilities before going back to eating.

As long as Navier isn't harmed, then it should be fine.

"...Will it really be fine..?" You grumble to yourself, feeling a sense of anxiety begin to bubble.

Not even a moment passes and Rashta immediately causes a scene, "Ah, my belly! My belly hurts!"

Again, you almost choke on your food, immediately grabbing the wine to drown out the food before putting down your plate and approaching the scene.

Luckily, Heinley was already there to protect Navier, a sweet smile on his face as one of his arms wrap around Navier's waist.

"Good heavens. Your Majesty, you had better take her to the palace doctor soon." He advices, getting no response as Sovieshu, who had gone by Rashta's side helps his wife walk to the doctor.

"Her due date must be nearing for her stomach to hurt so suddenly like that." You proclaim loudly, hinting the fact that it wasn't Navier's fault she fell.

The Queen looks at you gratefully, grabbing three glasses of champagne from a servant and handing one to you and heinley before sipping from her own.

"She has a lot of audacity stored up her ass." You whisper loud enough for just Heinley and Navier to hear.

"I'm sorry, but I have to agree with her my Queen." Heinley doesn't try to stifle a laugh this time, turning towards his wife with an unapologetical look on his face.

Surprisingly, Navier doesn't deny you, only subtly nodding her head, "I can't seem to deny that."

You and Heinley laugh, finally happy she didn't defend Rashta when you insulted her.

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

After the long day had passed, the last day of the wedding reception finally came.

Though you didn't dance too much, only stood around, ate a few desserts, before you went to a more quiet and secluded place.

The sun was out and the weather was lovely anyway, you'd have an excuse to have gone out alone.

Your thoughts wonder back to the conversation you had with Duke Ergi.

Every problem is created because a solution already exists in place. You already have your problem, you just have to find out what you had to do to keep the servants safe.

Your status allows you infinite freedom, but limits when you are in the eye of the public because they believe you're just a normal citizen.

Although you were a lady, your last name held no power nor titles both in the Eastern Empire and the Western kingdom.

You didn't own a duchy, but if you did, what would make things easier for the time being.

Another problem though, you didn't know anyone who'd be willing to help you rule a dukedom nor did you know anyone who was willing to be your maid.

Your only close friends were the Troby family, Kaufman, the ladies-in-waiting, and a few other more.

Suddenly the realization that you lacked friends dawned upon you.

"Ugh."

"Is something wrong, ( y/n )?"

You jump at the sudden voice of Marquis Farang.

He laughs, apologizing for his sudden appearance before taking a chair and sitting across from you.

"I heard from a certain maid that you needed my help delivering letters, is that true?" He gets striaght to business.

You nod, "I need to continue collecting information from her regarding the status of the Imperial matters. I can't leave Rashta alone, who knows? she might be the cause if the Empire's fall."

He shudders, "Don't even mention it, I heard from a few rumours that she's been so aggressive and spoiled ever since Her Majesty the Queen left the Empire."

"So are you agreeing to cooperate with me?" You grin

He nods, "Of course, you and I are close friends after all. And I assume the letters are confidential?"

"You guessed right, you smart man."

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

not proofread