Chapter 8: Hama Sukaniara

Warning! Contains: swearing (i think), sneaking, suspense, cameras, etc

(happy birthday syd, im not late at all stfu)

KATARA'S POV:

"Hama Sukaniara, age 63, Waterbender- extremely dangerous as she knows how to bend blood."

"I'm sorry, what?" Sokka asked, turning to look at me. "Maybe you shouldn't come with us. This could be too dangerous for the girls-" Toph slapped him on the arm. "Aang fucking Ara, a boy was kidnapped. I don't know how this isn't too dangerous for the men, meathead. Also, Katara's probably able to crack her skull open with one ballet kick."

"Grand Battement," I replied, turning to Sokka with ice in my eyes, "and yes, I can crack open her skull with one. I could also chop her head off with one fan kick. She's 63, Sokka, if Opal or Owen slapped her she'd pass out."

"Then why is this such a big deal?" he asked. "We show up with a one-year-old and get her to pass out at her doorway, then call the police and tell them she's the one that kidnapped Aang. Why're we stressing out about this-"

He was quickly cut off by Zuko slapping him across the face, leaving Sokka standing there and blinking for a good minute before registering what just happened. "Shut the fuck up, please," Zuko said with a gentle smile on. "What the hell was that for?" Sokka asked, watching as Toph walked up behind Zuko and pulled at his hair. Zuko groaned and slapped her hands as Suki laughed at the two from the side.

"Just to check and see if you have a brain. You don't."

"Rude."

"He's right," I complained, turning to Aang, who looked like he was internally cursing Sokka out. "She's old and fragile," Aang stated, "but she's smart as fuck. If we walk in there unarmed and without a strategy, she will murder us."

"Is our goal to kill her?"

"Duh, dumbass," Sushi complained. "She kidnapped Aang. We wanna give her a taste of her own medicine." Sokka raised his eyebrow. I could see the gears turning around in his head. "She didn't kill him, though. How is it giving her a taste of her own medicine?"

"She killed him to me," I muttered, looking down at the floor. "He was gone for 10 years, he might as well have died, Sokka." He shut his eyes and looked up at the ceiling as Toph stood next to him, clueless- God knows where her glasses are.

"Fuck you," he seethed, turning to Aang, who looked as confused as ever. His pale blue eyes darted from me to my brother, back to me to my brother, who had a murderous look on his face. Toph reached her arm up and placed it gently on Sokka's bicep, calming him down 3 notches.

Thank God she's here. I don't know how I'd live without her.

(so im kinda switching to 3rd person here because it makes more sense to me, and I'm too lazy to go back and change the whole thing.)

"What did I-"

"You couldn't have fought her off?"

"Sokka, chill out-"

"Fuck off, Zuko!"

The firebender widened his golden eyes as he backed up, his heart beating a mile a minute, his hair messed up from where Sokka had shoved him back by his head.

"Hey-"

"What did I do?" Aang cut off Suki, his hand slamming down on the table as hard as it could, scaring the living daylight out of Sokka. "I saved your sister's fucking life and you're shitting on me? Are you fucking kidding me, Sokka?"