Luca

I didn't know what to do. I couldn't let Lana go. The truth is, I have no idea what Antonio has planned for us at the docks. I failed to protect them once, I can't do it again. "What are you thinking?" Mom's voice stopped me from pacing back and forth. "Mom, what would Dad do?" I wished he was here to give me the right answer. He never prepared me for what happens, when family gets involved. "Son, I think it's time you stop trying to follow in your father's footsteps. I love him, with all my soul, I always will, but he's gone baby. He got us into this mess."

"Then what do I do? Mom, she's pregnant." I reminded her. "She's a mother, Luca, she's much more dangerous when you try to keep her from protecting her child."

"So you suggest I do nothing?" I grew more irritated.

"Let her make her own decisions, if you force her to stay behind and something happens, she'll never forgive you." Mom's voice lowered, talking to me like a child.

"If I let her go, and something happens to her or Leah, I'll never forgive myself."

"That's the risk of living, Son. Everyday there's a chance you could lose them. There are no promises of tomorrow. Don't work against her. Luca, she'll never trust you again." I knew my mother was right, but that didn't change how I felt. If she goes with us I can't guarantee her safety.