Meeting Golden Boy

Edric's POV {From the first chapter}

I had just ran into the woods after I had just been told that the one person I had been going out with didn't like me anymore because and I quote they didn't think I was mature enough for them, I mean maybe I play a lot of pranks but I'm still responsible. I don't know I just thought that maybe this was the one person that could like me for who I was. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

I sat down by a tree and just cried, maybe I'm not meant to be loved by anyone. I had my head down when someone had said "Hi, um are you ok?" I lifted my head to look at who it was and I saw the Golden Guard, why would he possibly care about how I felt? "I-I'm fine." I said while looking back down at the ground. "You don't look fine, do you want to talk about it?" I looked back up at him and said "Why? I doubt the great Golden Guard cares about how I feel." I sniffled and put my head back down.

"What makes you think that I don't care?" I looked up to see that he had taken off his mask and he had the cutest smile, seriously not the time to think about that Edric! He then said "Come on, if you don't tell me then ill just keep pestering you." I laughed and then said "Ok, fine I'll tell you." He sat down next to me and I told him everything that happened, I'm not sure why but I felt like I could trust him with anything.

After I got done explaining everything he looked at me and smiled while saying "Well if its any consolation, I think your pretty awesome." I smiled and said "Thanks." I turned away because I could feel myself blushing. I then turned back to him he then said "What's your name?" I stood up from where I was sitting and said "Edric, Edric Blight." He looked at me surprised, "Oh, so your Amity's older brother?" I laughed and said "You know Amity?" He said yea and then he said "My name is Hunter." "Well nice to meet you Hunter, I hope we can talk again sometime."

Hunter smiled and then said "How about tomorrow? Around the same time? Ill come meet you here and we can hang out and talk." I smiled and said "Yea, that sounds great." He looked like he was about to leave but then he took a flower out of his pocket and then handed it to me, "This was meant for someone else, but it didn't work out. So I want you to have it. It's beautiful just like your eyes." My eyes widened and I could feel myself blushing again.

Hunter's face was red as a tomato, "I'm sorry, I ugh didn't mean to say that. I got to go bye." He then turned around and ran off, I looked down at the flower in my hand and couldn't help but smile at the thought of getting to see him again tomorrow.