chapter: 22

Author's pov

She wasn't able to sleep thinking why isn't he not calling her back.
Even though she told herself not to think about it the more she went on thinking about him with kia.

It hurt to Skylar too much that she couldn't hold back her tears and cried in her bed.
Somehow around 4she felt asleep.

At the other side Devon was just back after dropping kia from her house. After reaching home he checked his cell phone.

He immediately called Skylar after seeing her missed calls and texts.
As, Skylar already felt asleep keeping her phone in silence she could not pick up the call.

"Why? isn't she picking up the call"he told to himself and"she might have gone to sleep.

Next morning

Skylar got ready to go to college.
She checked her cell phone and saw missed calls from him.
She ignored it and kept her phone inside the pocket.
She thought to herself,"let him suffer"

He too didn't get any chance to call her in morning and thought he'll talk to her in college.

She reached college, driving her own car.
"Morning"she turned back to see who was it but she wasn't the one being greeted it was Devon who was greeted by kia.

"Why??in early morning"she felt mad at seeing them together she glared at him from far which Devon was unaware of.

"A very good morning"she turned and it was Noah.
"Morning"she said with a smile even though she was mad she felt that why should she be sad when a handsome hunk is greeting her.

"Let's go in"he told her giving her a breath taking smile.

They both walked inside the class and were chatting when a tall figure came infront of Skylar giving her glare of as if he was burning.
It was Devon,"excuse me man can you let me sit with her?"he said to Naoh.

She was like "no Noah I want you here with me"but the glare from him was making her go nervous.

She held Noah's hand when he stood up to make a place for Devon as if like a baby she pouted at him giving him the looks saying,no don't leave.
But he left as he had something's to do.

"Yah, who's he do you know him"Devon asked her sitting beside her.

She refused to answer his question .
"Skylar,say something I asked you something"he shouted in a soft voice which made her feel afraid.

"Yah I know him he is my childhood friend whom I fortunately met after so many years I'm lucky to meet him"she said , tightening her fists.

"What do you mean by luckily?"he asked her .

"Aren't you done with your questions,let me sit in peace"she said.

"What?"he let out a evil laugh and continued,"I have right to know everything as you are my girlfriend"
"You say I'm your girlfriend but I feel like you are faking it"she shouted and got up to leave rushing outside .

He followed her,asking "what's wrong with you why are you mad".

She turned back to say,"This should be your first question but instead you came asking about my Friend and I know you're doubting".

"Listen"he pulled her and leaned her against the wall.
"Tell me what happened"

"Don't you know what's the reason let me tell me it's that you are taking me for granted , right"tears rolled down when she spoke.
"Huhh"he was still confused thinking when did he take her for granted.
Seeing her cry he told,"I'm sorry"
"I don't want your sorry, I think we can't be good together"she spoke wiping her tears.

"What,no please don't say that?"his heart felt a ache after hearing those words from her mouth.
"Tell, everything that you have in your heart"he told her .

She told him everything how he had been avoiding her and got back with kia. She told that it hurt her seeing him not calling her and texting her .
She felt annoyed when she saw with kia, call it jealousy but it did irritate me.

She couldn't fall asleep at night when she thought of everything it made her cry as if like her world was being destroyed right in front of her eyes.
"I even felt once that you only loved my appearance"she told her everything sobbing.

He pulled her head and made her dip her head in his chest letting her feel comfortable.
"I'm sorry it's not that, you know it's only you who lives in my heart who makes me feel alive,kia she was troubled by her step mother and was told that she should make me her boyfriend,she even bet her, I felt pitty on her that's why I bugged her  and also went to her house to give her mother a lesson,now everything's okay".

She looked at him and he gives her the looks of assurance like whatever he said was true."I'll never do that again"he cupped her face in his hands,he looked on her teary eyes which was drenched a few minutes ago he gave her a kiss in her eyes telling her don't cry.

And kisses her passionately, with his warm lips.
Skylar felt good and pulled Devon's by his hair grabbing his head he pulls her more closely by her waist leaving no gap between them.
He kissed her till she was out of breath,she could feel him moving down to her neck slowly.

She quickly draws back seeing Devon go wild. "We,are still in college"she gave him naughty smile.

"Then let's go back home"he gave her a quick peck on her lips which made her blink twice.
******

Thanks for reading 💚