DREAM TEN

'I never thought I've ever get to see Yoo Joonghyuk's shocked face ever again,'  Y/N let out a small smile. The black haired protagonist was quite shocked seeing Kim Dokja. 

"Hey, Yoo Joonghyuk," Kim Dokja waved happily at Yoo Joonghyuk. "How are you? Looks like you've been doing good. These people seem to not believe that we're friends. Could you talk to them for me?"

'Damn, Yoo Joonghyuk doesn't look really happy but at least he keeps his word. Well... before he was pushed too far though it was partly my fault,'  the (h/c) male stared at the protagonist. Remembering how Yoo Joonghyuk would end up made Y/N pity him a bit. 'It's partly my fault he started loosing faith, but it's not like I didn't suffer as much as him. There should be no reason for me to pity him.'

Yoo Joonghyuk grabbed his sword handle. Most people were expecting him to kill Kim Dokja, but to their surprise, he silently pointed his sword at Gong Pildu. 

.

.

.

"It seems like you've decided to take in some... comrades," Yoo Joonghyuk stared at the group of people surrounding Kim Dokja.

"I did. It seems you've decided to teach Lee Jihye again in this round, though it's not like I didn't know that would happen," Y/N replied.

Yoo Joonghyuk's eyes widened. 

"Why so surprised?"

"You- Are you able to remember things in the previous turns? But I remember that you couldn't before."

"Things can change Yoo Joonghyuk but... is this really only the 3rd turn?" the (h/c) male asked. He was curious of what the truth really was. Why did he have memories of turns up to 1863 if this was only the 3rd turn? How does a constellation that only existed further on called 'Eyes of the world' exist now? Why does a constellation that Y/N was sure never existed before named 'Secret Plotter' act so apologetic and disappointed at him the same time? Y/N wanted to know no matter what, even if it means revealing to Yoo Joonghyuk that he could remember these things. Everything he said would be censored from the stream anyways, so there should be no problem with him asking that.

"What do you mean by that?" Yoo Joonghyuk looked confused.

'Maybe he really doesn't know or he forgot. Perhaps this is the 3rd round but things has changed. So then, what would happen to those memories that I've gotten? Would everything still follow those results? But,'  Y/N glanced at Kim Dokja, 'there is a change in this round. Even if I have to go through 1863 more turns, I'll protect him.'

Yoo Joonghyuk had seemed to notice the (h/c) male's intentions. He clenched his fists and kept his emotions in. 

"Y/N," Yoo Joonghyuk spoke softly, extending his hand, "join me. I'll keep you alive.". The look in Yoo Joonghyuk's eyes were practically demanding for Y/N to take his hand. 

'Those eyes are so fierce. I like them this way more,'  the (h/c) male thought. 'As Yoo Joonghyuk regressors again and again, those eyes will turn duller and duller or it's as if he's pleading for an end.'

"Yoo Joonghyuk, I can't take your hand this round. I'm sorry," Y/N apologised, walking away. 'I know I'm hurting you. I know it's unfair to you but I cannot walk along side you because...'

.

.

.

'... someone else will. The only person who could take your hand and become your companion, is Kim Dokja hyung,'  the (h/c) male stared at the scene in front of him. It was memorising. 

A reader against a protagonist. They two clashed swords as the protagonist who was being controlled started to question the identity of the reader.

"Who are you?" Yoo Joonghyuk questioned. 

'I'm just... a reader,'  Dokja said mentally. He had won. 

"Kim Dokja-ya, are you alright?" asked Heewon, being supported by Jihye. 

"I'm fine," Dokja replied. The reader turned to look at Yoo Joonghyuk and saw Y/N crouch down next to him. Usually, the (h/c) male would put him first over everything. He'd always be Kim Dokja's number one supporter but this time, he rushed towards Yoo Joonghyuk instead of him. 'Are they really that close?'  Dokja stared at Y/N's expression towards the unconscious protagonist. Seeing Y/N reach his hand towards Yoo Joonghyuk, Kim Dokja felt something in his heart that he could not understand and before he knew it, he had already grabbed Y/N's hand to stop him. "Don't you'll uh- you'll wake him up!"

"... Right," Y/N stood up.

'Why did I do that? Why did I feel that way? Is it because I was so use to Y/N picking me first over everyone? Just now was I... jealous?'  Kim Dokja questioned.

"A shooting star!" Gilyoung pointed up at the sky. Gilyoung placed his hands together and closed his eyes before opening them. "Aren't you two going to make a wish?" Gilyoung asked Kim Dokja and the (h/c) male. 

"I already did," Kim Dokja replied.

"What did you wish for?" Gilyoung asked.

"They say if you tell others what you wish for then it won't come true," said Heewon. 

"... I wished... that I would survive to see the epilogue of a certain novel," spoke Dokja. It was a hopeful wish. A simple wish that may be the hardest thing to achieve since 'Kim Dokja' has never existed in the world of the apocalypse. 

'If that novel never existed, then would hyung never have to suffer the hell that's about to come? But if it never existed, then would hyung... even be alive right now? Hyung depended on that novel because I couldn't give him everything, so do I really have the right to wish that novel was never written?'  thought Y/N.

"What about you Y/N?" Dokja asked him. 

"What?" the (h/c) male snapped out of his thoughts.

"What do you wish for?" 

"Well..."

"It's ok," said Dokja, "the others won't hear. They're over there with Yoo Joonghyuk who's still unconscious."

"I... I wish that you'll die hyung," Y/N said with an emotionless face.

"What...?" Kim Dokja was shocked by Y/N's coldness. 'I hate this feeling. Why do I always feel like this when he acts cold towards me?' .

[The 4th wall has offset some of your shock]

"Heewon-noona said that if you tell others your wish then it won't come true right? So if I wish for your death then you won't die right?" Y/N didn't notice, but tears started running down his cheeks. His emotionless face was perfect, but he couldn't hide his true feelings. 

'Y/N you...'  Kim Dokja stared at the male in front of him.

"I wish that Yoo Joonghyuk will die too."

"Y/N-"

"I wish that Lee Hyunsung will break his shield."

"Y/N pleas-"

"I wish that-"

"Y/N!" Kim Dokja engulfed the (h/c) male into a hug, making him stop. "I'll make sure that none of those things happen as long as I'm here. So please, be apart of the epilogue that I want to see."

'I wish that I'll die and not you. If I don't say that out loud or tell anyone else... then it'll come true right?'  Y/N's eye lids got heavier and he slowly shut his eyes. 

[The personal skill 'Omniscient Reader' stage 2 have been deactivated]

TO BE CONTINUED...