Chapter 38 Marigold

I couldn't think about what Finn needed right now, I had to think about me. I had to be selfish if I had any chance of moving forward with Finn and I's mate bond. My brothers, with the resources of the crown behind them, had access to a private jet that was able to take us to France within the hour. Before long, we were landing at the Paris airstrip and taking a black town car to Alpha Julian's pack.

"We need to establish right now what the end goal is, Flower." Solaris' words shocked me. I snapped my head quickly in his direction,

"I haven't been called that since Mom...." I felt tears swimming in my eyes.

"Don't cry, we've got work to do." Sol said with a smile on his stern face. I rolled my eyes at him,

"End goal?" I asked.

"Yes." Sol cleared absolutely nothing up.

"He means, what do you want to do? Do you want him thrown out, beaten, killed? What's the play?" Bayu clarified.

"He needs to pay for what he's done. His control over me needs to end. That only happens with his death." I said, my face stone cold. Bay and Sol only nodded. We drove the rest of the way in silence.

Before long, we were pulling up in front of Alpha Julian's compound. Bayu led the way, opening the front door with a powerful blow of wind.

"What the hell?" The guard wolves inside the front door immediately shifted, growling and snapping at the intruders. Solaris stretched out his hand and summoned a wall of fire between us and the wolves.

"What is going on here?" A voice that sent chills down my spine entered the room.

"Who are you?" Alpha Julian attempted to command the Princes of Fae.

"I'm hurt, Alpha Julian." I spoke from behind my brothers. They stepped to the side to reveal my presence.

"You don't recognize me?" I smirked at Alpha Julian as I stood tall between my brothers.

Alpha Julian looked me up and down, and I resisted the urge to vomit under his gaze. I recognized the men on either side of him as his Beta and Gamma. By the looks on their faces, the three of them recognized me as well.

"My, my, our little maid has grown." The Beta's smile was nauseating.

"My favorite mistress has returned home." Alpha Julian licked his lips. He was quickly silenced as the oxygen was ripped from his lungs. I looked sideways at Bayu as his eyes and hands glowed a vibrant blue.

"You will be careful with how you speak to my sister." Bayu growled.

"You all will." Solaris' eyes were a bright orange as he stretched out his hand and set fire to the compound.

The pack members began to shift around us, running from the packhouse. Before my three attackers could shift, I reached out and wrapped them up in my vines. With my eyes shining green, I hung the Beta, Gamma, and Alpha from the ceiling of the burning packhouse.

"You took my innocence, my childhood, and my faith in men from me when I was seventeen years old! You've been keeping me from my mate, but that ends today. With your deaths, I will be freed from my curse, free from your control, and I will reclaim my life!" I yelled over the howls and screams of the pack.

I clenched my hand into a fist and secured the tie on the three cowards. I took one last look at the fear in their eyes before I turned on my heels and exited the compound. Bayu slammed the door shut behind me and Solaris ensured that it burned to the ground, their leaders burning with it.

The relief came almost instantly. The feeling of acceptance from my brothers, the feeling of control over my magic and my own life, the feeling of redemption over my past wrongdoings. I felt lighter. I still had my vendetta against my father to deal with, but for now, I could find peace in my brother's company and the death of those who wronged me.