Chapter 39 Fox

I lunged at Jason, taking him down swiftly and quickly. He was the third patrol wolf I beat in the sparring ring this morning. It had been 24 hours since I last saw my mate. All I knew was that yesterday she went to France in a private jet with her brothers. I haven't heard from her since.

"Who's next?" I growled at the spectators. They all took a step backwards.

"I think you need a break, Alpha, before we run out of patrol wolves." Stone sighed, stepping forward.

"I thought you were training them, Stone. They are weak!" I yelled.

"They don't want to fight their Alpha who is obviously in pain." Stone replied calmly.

"Alpha!" One of the guards from the front gate mindlinked me,

"The Luna has returned with her brothers."

"Let them through." I ordered.

"Marigold's back." I told Stone before jumping out of the ring and running back to the packhouse to meet them.

I arrived at the front door just as Marigold, Solaris, and Bayu drove up the driveway. They were in a black town car with tinted windows. Solaris was driving. He stepped out of the car first, Bayu followed, opening the back door for Marigold.

I rushed to Marigold's side and checked her over for injuries.

"I'm fine, Finn." Marigold sighed, stepping away from me. I resisted the urge to growl at her retreat. Her brothers surrounded her protectively and I felt a new surge of anger threatening to take over.

"What did you do?" I demanded.

"We took care of the problem." Bayu answered.

"I wasn't asking you." I snapped,

"You can't just disappear like that." I turned my attention back on Marigold.

"You don't control her, or did you forget your bargain?" Solaris squared up to me. I looked between the princes and pushed back the urge to rip them apart,

"All of the sudden you two are caring brothers?" I growled.

"Enough," Marigold stepped around her brothers and pushed me away,

"They were just helping me. I'm going to see them off and then we can talk." Marigold's eyes dared me to argue with her. I frowned and gave in to her demands.

The three of them disappeared inside the packhouse and to our room. I knew Marigold made a portal out of the closest mirror in our room, so I guessed they had to go back the way they came. I slowly followed them, taking the stairs instead of the elevator. I stood out in the hallway until I felt Marigold using her magic. A few minutes later she opened up the bedroom door and motioned me inside.

"What the hell is going on?" I spoke harshly.

"I'm sorry I upset you, but I had to take care of it on my own." Marigold's voice was small, her back was facing me as she walked across the room.

"I know why you had to do it, but I don't understand why you had to do it with your brothers and not with me." I said. Marigold's shoulders slumped in defeat as she turned to face me,

"What happened with Alpha Julian happened in my past, Finn, it happened before you. It happened because of my brothers and my father. The only way I can move on and actually be happy with you is if I deal with what happened to me in the past." Marigold's eyes were pooling with tears but she was too stubborn to cry.

"You've been through so much, it isn't fair. But, it's in the past...." Apparently that was the wrong thing to say.

"That's the point, Finn! It's not in the past. It can't be in the past until I learn to process it and move on. I had to survive back then, I couldn't afford to deal with my emotions. Now, that's stopping me from being able to be with you completely." Marigold was yelling at me now.