Chapter 45 Marigold

With my mate standing strong and proud beside me, he addressed his pack.

"Silver Moon! I am here to finally introduce you to your Luna and my mate! Marigold, Princess of the Fae." The pack roared in approval. I felt my face warm up from embarrassment. I wanted to hide behind my very large, Alpha mate, but he wouldn't let me.

"Marigold, do you promise to protect this pack to the best of your ability? Do you promise to be loyal and fair, kind and compassionate, strict and enduring as the Luna of Silver Moon?" He turned to face me and spoke in his Alpha tone.

"I promise." I replied as bravely as I could.

Finn held out his hand for me and I placed the back of my hand against his palm. He slid a knife as carefully as he could across my palm and then did the same to his own hand. We squeezed our blood into a stone bowl.

Luna Genevieve stepped onto the stage and added her own blood. She removed the delicate tiara from her head and stood in front of me. I pulled back my red hood and bowed my head as it was replaced with the tiara. Genny bowed her head to me and motioned towards the crowd.

"I give you, your Luna!" Finn's voice boomed over the courtyard. I turned towards the people and watched as they all stood, placed their hands over their hearts, and knelt to the ground on one knee.

Finn walked up beside me and took my hand,

"Welcome home, my love."

With the ceremony complete, the party began. The courtyard was transformed into a casual setting with tall tables, buffet stations, servers with trays of drinks, music, and a dance floor. Before I was ready to join them, I had to see my brothers off to the fae realm.

Finn and I were standing in my closet as Bayu and Solaris prepared to leave through the mirror portal. I gave them each a long hug, not sure when I would see them again. They each kissed my cheek and told me they loved me for the very first time since before my mother was killed.

"I'm not sure when we'll be able to come back." Solaris said.

"But, you can send us messages and we'll respond whenever we can." Bayu added.

"I want to help you overthrow him." I said stubbornly.

"Our pack is here to help." Finn stepped up and pledged his support.

"We appreciate that, Alpha." Solaris nodded his head, a completely different tone among them compared to yesterday.

"We can't bring you to the fae realm because of the deal you made with our father and I don't see how we can bring the King to you." Bayu explained.

"We'll figure it out. Whatever it takes." I said, taking my brothers' hands and squeezing them.

"Take care of yourself, Flower, until we see you again." Solaris leaned in for another hug before slipping through the portal. Bayu joined him, and Finn and I were left alone.

"Can you turn that thing off?" Finn asked, pointing at the mirror. I giggled at him,

"I can secure it so they have to knock first." I shrugged and waved my hand in front of the mirror.

"Thank you." Finn nodded, feeling satisfied with that solution,

"Shall we join the party?" He started to lead me out of the room, but I stopped him.

"I have to tell you something first."

"Okay?" He turned his body towards me again, holding both my hands in his.

"Before I came down for the ceremony, Clara paid me a visit." I said.

"Oh? What did she want?" Finn asks casually.

"She wanted to make sure that I knew."

"Knew what?" Poor Finn, he was so oblivious.

"That I'm pregnant."

Finn's face went blank, his entire body frozen. I was afraid he had just had a stroke. Can werewolves have a stroke?

"Hello?" I pried my hand from his and waved it in front of his face.

"P...pregnant?" He stuttered.

"Yes." I giggled and the sound seemed to bring Finn back to life.

"We're going to have a baby?" He grinned and I shook my head, holding up two fingers,

"We're going to have two babies." He froze again.

"Please don't stop breathing." I urged, shaking him out of his state of shock.

He wrapped his large arms around me and spun me around. I laughed loudly as he placed me down on the floor and consumed my lips with his. He dropped to his knees and pressed his face against my stomach,

"Hello in there little babies." He cooed. I ran my fingers through his hair and fell in love with my life all over again.

"I love you, Finn." I mumbled. He looked up at me with his warm eyes and crooked smile,

"I love you, baby." His voice warmed me and stilled my nervousness.

I watched as he spoke to our unborn babies and I thought about the last six months of my life. I couldn't help but wonder how I ended up here, in this moment, after all the torment I had experienced.