76| CHRISTMAS

Fours days passed and I haven't felt so lifeless, yet here I was, helping Will with Christmas decorations. He said it was for the festivities and that we were allowed to do the decor together. As if I had a say in how the 'Space' thing worked for him. I could hear him hum songs, and he occasionally smiled, so I wasn't complaining altogether. But my heart still ached from the truth- I hurt him. Every night, I would secretly peep into his room, watch him sleep and then plop on my own bed, bawling my eyes out till I fell asleep.

"I am going to put the lights on. Please turn on the switch for me. Will you?" He said, and I nodded, rising my ass from the floor. I loved his maroon cardigan and couldn't help but stare at him for long. I, on the other hand, wore my sea-green jumper with a large E embossed on it... If you haven't guessed it, Mom sent me clothes for Christmas, and like a complete, impatient wreck-head I was, I tore the package open as soon as I got them. I wasn't always this impatient. Will's 'Space' thing had taken a toll on me. I tried my best to work on Mikhail's book launch event and all the other manuscripts I had due. I turned the switch on, and the fairy lights came to life. Green, yellow, red, blue, and white, the colors switched with every second. Ugh, annoying!

"Wow! Now it feels more like Christmas!" Will said, his teeth-to-teeth grin reminded me of twelve-year-olds at Times Square. The Christmas tree looked like a newlywed bride: elegant, lavish, and celebratory. I let out a sigh. I was all moods without Will, and now I had to try and be happy for Christmas.

I almost forgot to buy Will a gift, so I got my hands on what I could. I bought him a bottle of cologne. The saleswoman told me that nearly every woman had gifted it to their husband last Christmas. But a bottle of cologne won't do, so I ran to the store at the last minute and got a Yankees Key-chain and a box of homemade chocolates. If the first two gifts don't make him happy, the third would definitely! Everybody loves chocolate, period. And I had planned on adding something extra and customized to it.

"Hey," Will said, walking towards me, and I gulped the lump in my throat.

"Hey," I said, looking into his eyes.

"You look sad, and it's Christmas!" Will said, caressing my cheek, and I closed my eyes, feeling his touch. Four days without this, I felt like I won't make it to another day.

"I guess I am getting used to the 'space'..." I said when I opened my eyes.

"Eva," Will said, moving his hands across my back, and I find myself melting at his touch.

"Will..."

Is that how drug addicts feel when they get a high after so long? But somehow, Will's touch only made me soberer, more comfortable. I moaned from the mere touch.

He pulled me into a hug, and tears rolled down my cheeks. I missed being in his arms. I relished the warmth coursing through me. The familiar tingle in places I didn't know before and the eerie feeling of staying like that for long kicked in. I missed him so bad.

"Merry Christmas, Queen." Will said, breathing in my hair, and I gasped at the word 'Queen'... Did this mean everything was okay? Did he forgive me? Will he let me be with him? I prayed he did.

"Merry Christmas, Will," I said, crying as more tears rolled down my cheeks.

He lifted my chin, holding me in position, so our eyes met, and a second later, he inched closer. Our lips touched, and he kissed me slow and gentle. I almost know what he meant. I went all the way in, letting my tongue taste the peppermint in his mouth.

"Space 'sucks'..." Will said as we struggled for breath.

"That's rich coming from you," I said, and he held me tight against him.