Chapter 5: No More Lies

"Oh, right..." Y/N says nervously.

Jim: "Yeah s- WOAH!!!"

The humans of the group gasp in awe, as they take in the large area.

It was nothing like they'd ever seen before. It was almost like it was straight out of a movie or TV Show.

Jim: "Is this a palace?!"

Blinky: "Master Jim, this, is the Heroes Forge!"

As everyone began to walk over a bridge, Toby peered over the ledge to see how deep it was.

Jim scares Toby by nudging him.

Toby: "AHH!"

Jim laughs. "C'mon Tobes."

Toby: "Don't do that again!"

Y/N chuckles as everyone fully crosses the bridge.

Upon fully entering the forge, Y/N notices large statues of trolls placed on giant pillars. They surrounded the group as Y/N looked up in awe.

Y/N: "Wait... Are these?-"

Aarg: "Trollhunters."

Blinky: "Your predecessors, Master Jim. A line of heroism that reaches back to the ages of Merlin!" Blinky points to an empty pillar. "This place is meant for the final reposed, Kanjigar the Courageous. One day there will be a statue of you here, Master Jim."

Jim must've lost his mind for a second because Blinky quickly reassures him.

"One day very far off into the future of course!"

Toby: "There's something I'm not understanding though... You guys are trolls so... "Trollhunter" sounds a little like you hunt yourselves, y'know?"

Aarg: "Hunt bad trolls. Gumm-Gumms."

Y/N: "Oh, now that I think about it, that doesn't sound scary at all."

"In troll speak," Blinky starts. "Gumm-Gumm means, "Bringer of horrible, slow, painful, and thoroughly calculated death."

Jim: "Oh..."

Blinky: "Erm... Don't be too concerned Master Jim, the Gumm-Gumms were exiled to the Darklands centuries ago! Only one remains free."

Aarg: "And wants to kill you."

Y/N: "...Bular."

Blinky: "Indeed. His father and the rest of them now remain exiled to the Darklands. However, they've been trying to escape for centuries! I sense that ill times are upon us, hence the need for us to begin Master Jim's training now!" Blinky says as he uses his arms to emphasize his statement. "But before we commence our training," Blinky's whole body turns to Y/N. "We must figure you out first."

Y/N nods, nervousness starting to fill up his body.

Everyone was looking at him.

"Uh..."

Blinky: "I fear that... Ill times are not only upon us but you particularly..." Blinky says as he looks into Y/N's eyes.

Aarg: "Dark Magic." Aarg says.

"Yes," Blinky begins. "I remember what you said, your incantation to be exact."

Toby: "Wait, what did he say? I was too busy screaming."

Y/N slowly pulls his amulet out from the back of his pocket, as he clears his throat to recite the incantation. "...For the glory of Morgan-"

Blinky: "No! Please!" Blinky suddenly shouts. "Please don't say her name here... It is said that just the mentioning of her will bring bad luck to us all! Please, don't!"

Y/N is taken aback by Blinky's sudden change of persona.

Blinky: "I fear... I fear that... That amulet is made of pure Dark Magic. An opposition to Jim..."

Y/N's mind fades...

"I fear."

"I fear."

"I fear."

That's all that relapsed in his head... Fear? That's not what a hero is supposed to instill into people. That's not what a Trollhunter is supposed to do.

Y/N had zero doubt now.

This was undoubtedly a curse.

Blinky seemed to notice the boy's facial expression as he quickly tries to comfort him.

Blinky: "N-Not that you can't control it or learn to master it!" Blinky says, attempting to inspire the boy.

"Yeah..." He blandly responds.

Jim walks up to Y/N. "So... Where did you find it?" Jim asks.

"...The bridge... Early in the morning... Right before you found yours."

Blinky: "It seems to have chosen its 'champion,' just like Master Jim's amulet."

Jim sighs and walks away. Y/N knows exactly why he did.

Y/N: "So, did you want me to just tell you guys right there?! Imagine the position I'm in! And even still, I couldn't. It was like some force was stopping me..." Emotion successfully overran Y/N's feelings, as his amulet started to violently shake and glow.

Jim: "That doesn't matter!" Jim gets in his face. "We're supposed to be brothers! You LIED to me!"

Blinky and Toby get between the two.

Toby: "Guys, l-let's just calm down..."

"No! Jim should be grateful! I saved his life!"

"You should know to NEVER lie to someone who you're supposed to trust!" Jim's voice cracks with betrayal, as his eyes widen, and he gets in Y/N's face once again.

"So, since you've been lying this since that day... That means you like Claire, doesn't it?!"

Y/N's face distorts into pure anger. "Jim... With all that's going on right now, THAT'S what you're worried about?!"

Jim was about to verbally fire back when Blinky interrupts the two.

Blinky: "Alright, that's enough of that." Blinky says as he places his two right hands onto a sphere in the wall and presses it.

Suddenly a bunch of blades swings toward Jim and Y/N, as Aarg grabs Toby and stands where Blinky is, avoiding the blades.

Jim & Y/N: "Woah!"

They both just barely dodge the swinging blades that came their way, as they submerge into the ground and roof, hiding in plain sight.

Blinky: "Excellent reflexes, Masters!"

Jim and Y/N look at each other as they catch their breath.

Blinky slowly walks up to Y/N as he puts two of his four hands on his shoulders. "Do not fret, we will figure this out together," Blinky says as he gestures toward the amulet that was still in the boys' hands.

"...Master Y/N."

Jim nervously walks over to Y/N but sticks his hand out for him to shake.

Y/N shakes it, but he could tell their relationship would never be the same.

Jim: "I'm sorry, I just feel betrayed."

Y/N nods in understanding.

Jim: "No more lies?"

Y/N: "No more lies."

They hug.

Toby: "Aww, how touching-"

???: "Blinkous Galadrigal!"

Blinky: "Oh dear..."