39: Graze On Concrete

Unsettling.

Unsettled - it would be the best word to describe the raging emotions that threatened as you got close....to Jungkook.

For some reason; ever since Jaegyu asked about my past, Jungkook seemed to emit a strange aura. It wasn't cold, sharp chills, but it sure was unsettling.

And I....haven't been able to approach Jungkook at all.

"It's nothing." he replies with a soft smile when I ask him. He gives me a knowing look. "I...."

"I'll tell you everything when the time comes. I promise."

And after that brief, short exchange, Jungkook seemed to have hidden away into his dorm room. I whisk away the worries that came about, deciding to let him be alone for a while.

"....So?" a husky, deep voice suddenly calls towards me. "What are you thinking about?"

Slightly surprised, I look up in close proximity; straight into Taehyung's gaze.

"Tae?" I answered with widened eyes. "Did you just finish afternoon class?"

Taehyung stares intently at me for a few seconds, studying the look on my face. Instead of answering -- he shoves both hands into his hoodie pockets, bending down slightly to smirk at me.

"Kickboxing, huh?" He mentions out of the blue. "It really does suit you."

....Kick....boxing?

I stood silent for a while, not knowing what to make of his compliment. As we stood, his eyes flutter shut from the rays of sun that peeked through the window -- and you could visibly see his....beauty.

At that moment, even the gentle breeze that tousled his messy hair seemed to add on to the scene; a natural sunlight cradling his features....crafting a total masterpiece.

"Thank you, but..." I respond, slightly compelled to tell him, and I ended up blurting it out.

"You're so freaking beautiful, Taehyung."

Huh?

We stood again silently for a while. Me, processing the idiocy of the sentence I've just said, and Tae, processing what I said.

As a light pink flush occupies his cheeks, running down into his ears, I panic.

"No- uh! I mean..." I wave my hands around slightly, trying to make sense of myself.

Oh god, Soa.

A boxing senior praises you, and you're just here talking a load of unrelated nonsense.

Nonsense that is the truth, though.

Taehyung, who didn't speak for a while, smiles slightly at me. He seems to catch on to the situation at hand.

"You and Jungkook aren't official yet, right?" He blatantly asks, much to my shock. "If you were, you wouldn't be here staring at another guy."

My mouth gapes open. He can't be serious. "Th! That's not what I meant, I meant that I thought you were very beautiful in an aesthetic way and I thoughtthatIcouldjusttellyoubec--

Just then, Taehyung bursts out laughing, bending over slightly to punch his knee. He turns around after, wiping away tears that rose from his laughter.