(Coby) Trip To The Future

Hakkaiproperty requested this so enjoy! I've never written about Coby before so I hope this is somewhat satisfactory!

"Oh hey, I haven't seen you around before." I said, staring at the pink haired boy who had randomly wandered into the store my family worked at. "Oh yeah, hey. I'm not from around here." He said, nervously smiling. "I'm YN, what's your name?" I asked, holding out my hand to greet him. "I'm... uh, Coby." He said, fixing his glasses so they'd stay on his face. "Nice to meet you, Coby! Do you want to go get ice cream?" I asked him, smiling at him. "Uh... sure?" He said, somewhat suspicious of me.

After a long time, we had made it a tradition to go and get ice cream every Tuesday, and after not long we became close friends.

After trekking to the ice cream shop at the top of the hill, we went inside and I bought Coby and ice cream cone, then we went and sat outside the store on the curb. He turned towards me with a confused look on his face. I looked back and smiled at him. "Why are you being so nice to me? You just met me." He asked, confused. "'Cause I think that you should be polite to everyone. Why is that hard to believe?" I asked, confused.

Coby and I sat eating our ice cream until someone came over the hill and pointed at Coby. "Hey! We're about to leave, what are you doing?!" He asked, running over and yelling at Coby. Coby turned towards me and sighed. "I've got to go, YN, I hope I see you again." He said, shaking his head. "I know we'll see each other again! Don't worry about it!" I said, smirking, then taking a bite of the ice cream cone. "We always have next Tuesday, right?" I asked him, still smiling. "Yeah... right." He said as he walked off with the suspicious man.

Two years in the future:

"Hey! YN, you finally have a wanted poster!" Usopp said, shoving the piece of paper in my face. I peeled it off my face and took a long look at it. "That's... sad." I said, upset at the fact that I actually had a price on my head now. "But fifty-thousand berries is nothing to scoff at! It's actually amazing!" Usopp said, smiling wide. "Yeah yeah, sure. I'm gonna go outside and try to take all my posters down, be right back." I said, putting on my shoes and walking outside into the shining sun of Water 7.

I turned the corner and I went over to the side of the house where some of the posters had been taped to the wall. I began to search and I heard someone clear their throat behind me. I whipped around, ready to attack, but a somewhat familiar looking pink haired boy was standing there. "Eh?" I asked, lowering my guard at the sight of the boy. "YN! It's been a long time!" He said, smiling. "I can't believe you're a wanted woman now. I honestly thought you'd become a marine, like I did." He said, shaking his head. I stared at him even closer. "Coby?" I asked, my eyes widening. He chuckled a little. "Who else would it be?" He asked, smiling at me.

I walked up to him, took a deep breath, and slapped him straight in the side of the face. "Wha- YN! What was that for?!" He yelled, rubbing his cheek. "That was for leaving without telling me." I said, looking at him with a brutal look on my face. I then went up to him and hugged him tight. "This is for being able to see you again." I said, smiling at the sight of my old friend.

I noticed a small blush on Coby's face. "I- It's been so long since we've seen each other. It feels like it's been an eternity." He said, a little flustered. "It's been two years, Coby." I said, looking at him suspiciously. "Yeah... But it felt like longer without my best friend." He said, rubbing the back of his neck.

I heartily chuckled. "Well, it's been nice seeing you, Coby, but I should probably snag the rest of these posters." I said, chuckling. Coby's gaze turned to the wanted poster behind me and he quickly tore it off the wall. "Hey! You trying to stop me from doing my work?" I asked him, smirking. "No, just something to remember you by." He said, happily smiling at the poster.

I then got a lovely idea. I leaned down and kissed his cheek. Coby's face turned the color of a tomato. "I- YN!" He yelled, extremely flustered. "I have to get going, now. I'll see you sometime soon." I said, ruffling his hair.

I then walked off and Coby stared at me as I walked towards the town, chuckling to myself after seeing my old friend.