26

I S A B E L L A

Today the sunlight conjured the most brilliant of mosaics, reflecting from each leaf and wisp of cloud. It was as if there was a pure joy in the light, as if it were happy to create art where it shone, warm and steady. It was as the smiles of friends, as fresh rain after summer sun, something to quench and soothe all at once.

I practically felt the sunburn already as i lay on the outside lounge chair under the sun.

We were having a barbecue on the back deck. The smell of sausages being grilled tickled my nostrils, the sound of quiet waves and chatter filled my ears, mixed with the noises of plates and utensils rattling.

Although i did nothing but lay here and sunbathe, i couldn't help the smile that crept up on my face. I loved how we were all preparing dinner together, like a happy family.

I loved this place, i loved these people, i loved what we were doing right now, being together, laughing together, just being us.

"How's the hangover, love?" Lucy's voice chimed in, I heard her soft footsteps pat on the deck as she made her way closer towards me.

When i peeled my eyes open, she was holding a few plates in one hand and utensils in the other, she made her way past me and to the big table in front of me before beginning to set out the plates and utensils for each of us. The large table was placed in the middle of the deck, revealing a beautiful view of the beach.

To my right, Kai was at the barbecue, at the moment he was cooking sausages as his back was faced to me. He bobbed his head to the music that was coming from inside the house, he wore dark red swimming trunks and no top, leaving his torso naked.

"It's much better than this morning." I replied to Lucy, as she placed the last fork down by the plate.

Lucy had her dark hair up in a messy bun, she wore a simple nude colored bikini that complemented her curvy body and tanned skin. I wore a bikini that tied around the neck and back, it was white with pink stripes on them, i let my natural hair down today and applied only a little makeup.

Ronan demanded we all go in the hot tub after we eat, so we all just changed into bikinis and swimming trunks.

Lucy leaned her back slightly against the table as she looked down at me. "That's good."

I nodded in response. "Come help bring in the rest." Lucy added softly, gesturing with her head towards the house before pushing herself off the table and walking back into the house.

I sat up and followed her, the music immediately got louder once we stepped foot into the house. Everybody was in the kitchen once we got in there, Ronan was sipping on a capri sun as he sat on the kitchen counter next to Noah and Ethan who prepared drinks and food. Axel on the other hand was nowhere to be seen.

"Hey pretty girl! Looking gorgeous as always." Ronan winked at me, i blushed before pushing his shoulder causing him to almost fall.

"Where's Axel?" I asked, when he regained his balance. Noah handed me a bowl of salad and sent me a small smile which i instantly returned back with a much bigger one.

"He's vanished upstairs, nobody knows what he's doing these days." Ronan replied, he seemed more serious now, like he was genuinely worried for Axel, his body tensed and he shifted in his spot trying to brush it off.