47

A X E L

"Please delete this." She speaks, the birds chipering in the distance.

She's holding my phone, staring at the photo i snapped of her cooking breakfast this morning. She's dressed in only my t-shirt, her blond curls falling down her back and her bottom lip between her teeth as she concentrates on the food.

She looks beautiful. She looks herself. She's been captured in a moment in which she's utterly comfortable in her skin and she hates it.

She lays on her back between my legs, her head on my stomach and her face out of my view, but i can practically feel her frowning as she analyses the photo longer.

I reach over and snatch the phone, shutting it off and dropping it on the grass next to the outdoor lounge chair we lay on. We sit in silence, for a few moments staring at the sunset and listening to the music coming from inside Ronan's house as i think of the right words to reassure her.

"Bella, you're like spring to me." I whisper into the heavy silence. Her head snaps into my direction as she rolls herself onto her stomach, and unasked question in her eyes.

"Everything blooms when you smile. You're beauty comes to shine the moment the birds start to sing. You glow. You're my definition of spring, baby." I smile.

Her finger that traces my tattoos freezes, the frown that was just on her face turns into a shy smile when she blushes, before her hands are on her face and she drops her head on my abs.

I chuckle, my fingers running through her hair. She lifts her head, her cheeks a bright shade of pink as she watches me swirl her curls around my finger before dropping them.

She shifts her attention on my face, her eyes clashing with mine. I lick my lips, my eyes darting to her lips. My hands shake and i ball them up tightly, trying not to make the hurricane of emotions in my head obvious.

"You're blushing, spring girl." I murmur, gently grabbing her neck with a squeeze and pulling her lips to mine.

She kisses me back with just as much intensity and passion, her fingers digging into my side as my tongue explores her mouth. I cherish this kiss like it's our last one.

She's first to pull away, and i hold back a groan. She stares at my face for a moment before a smile creeps up on her face.

"Now look who's blushing." She laughs, pointing at my face. I bite down on the inside of my cheek to hold back a smile as she climbs off me.

"We should get back inside, the others are probably looking for us." She says, her attention shifting to a stranger stumbling out the house and too a nearby flower pot where he vomits.

Bella's face scrunches in disgust as we listen to the person throw up. She bends down, grabbing my hoodie and i grind my jaw and go to stop her- but it's too late. The plastic bag falls out and drops onto the grass right infront of her feet.

It's been an hour since they were forced at me and she has already found them.

She looks down, a laugh leaving her lips like it's some sort of joke before it fades away into nothing but a harsh breath and her eyebrow lifts in confusion whilst her mouth drops into a frown.