Chapter 1

"How Can Someone Make Me So Sad But Still I Only Want Them To Stay
I Wanna Say I Love You So Bad, But I Dont Wanna Scare You Away
Please I Wish That You'll Understand
That I Wanna Be More Than Just Your Friend
I Wish You Loved Me."
Tynisha Keli "I Wish You Loved Me"

Nicole

"Cheers to the CEO of Remedy. Not only are you in Ulta Beauty and Target, you are about to take over the shelves in Sephora!"

"Cheers!" We rose our glasses in the air and clinked them together. The DJ started playing the music again and everybody turned up.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see my assistant.

"You have a call." She said, showing me the screen on my phone. I saw the name and immediately smiled.

"Okay. I'll be right back." I made my way outside where it was quieter.

"Hello?"

"Am I speaking with the CEO of Remedy who is taking over the beauty industry?"

"Yes, you are. How are you?"

 How are you?"

"I'm good. I hope you're enjoying your party tonight."

"I am, but I wish you were here. You did play a part in this success. You stayed up with me when I was designing my proposals. You're one of my skincare ambassadors and you also let me test out our eyeshadow palettes on you."

"Aye, I thought we weren't going to talk about that again."

"My bad." I giggled.

"Well, I have a surprise for you."

"What is it?"

"Turn to your left." My head rotated to the left and I saw him walking towards me in a suit while holding a bouquet of black roses.

Damn, he looks good, and he knows it too with the way he's walking and the smirk on his face.

"You are so sneaky."

"You like your surprise?"

"Yes, I love it. Thank you."

"Congratulations again baby girl. You deserve it after working so hard to make this dream become a reality."

"Thank you."

"I want you to know that I love you and you can always count on me."

"I know I can. I love you too. You've been my rock since the first day we've met and you've never let me turn. I really appreciate having you as my best friend."

"What if I wanted to be more than a friend to you?"

"What?" I looked at him, taken aback.

"I love you Nicole. I want to be the man who will love and cherish you like the queen you are for the rest of your life."