Chapter 14

"When you drunk, you tell me exactly how you feel (I will wait for you, for you)
When I'm loaded, I keep it real (I will wait for you, I will wait for you)
Please tell a real one exactly what it is (I will wait, will wait, for you, for you)
Don't say it 'cause you know that's what I wanna hear (I will wait for you, I will wait for you)."
Future ft. Drake & Tems "WAIT FOR U"

Nicole

"Nicole." I turned away from the vanity towards the door. I've been struggling with drawing this wing. It's starting to look like a bull horn. Kudos to people who do creative looks for clients or just for fun because I can't even keep my hand steady. I just think it's anything I bring close to my eyes. Don't get me started on the battle to put on lashes.

I actually welcome this interruption so I can stop kidding myself that I can do this makeup sh*t.

"Yes, Tucson?"

"There's someone's here to see you."

"Who is it?" I removed the towel from my hair. I had a shoot today for my new lashes and I was in a bathtub. Baby, I looked sexy.

Tucson opened up the door wider to reveal Dewayne standing there with a bouquet of pink roses.

"Hey Nic Nic."

"Hey. What are you doing here?"

"I was in the neighborhood, so I decided to stop by. I got these for you."

"Thank you. They're beautiful. Isn't your office on the other side of town?"

"Right. I, well I—." He tried to spit out his words as he sheepishly rubbed the back of his head.

"Dewayne calm down. I was just pulling your legs. Thank you for thinking of me."

"You're welcome. You had lunch yet?"

"I ate a little something. I'm heading to the gym in a few, so I'm not trying to have anything heavy right now."

"Oh. Are you busy tonight?"

"I don't think so. Why?"

"You should come over. I'll make us something for dinner."

"Okay. What time?"

"Is 7 good?"

"Yeah, that works for me."

"Okay, I'll see you then."

"Take care of yourself." I smiled at him, smelling the flowers as he backed out of the room.

I gently placed them on the counter as I wiped the eyeliner off of my face. I only put on sunscreen and chapstick. I had an old, dark green t shirt with grey leggings. My beaten up Skechers are in the car.

"Okay crew. I'm heading out."

"Yes ma'am. Go and enjoy your flowers from your boo."

"Whatever Tucson." Before I left, I looked at Tae. We haven't spoken since the party, but we've been around each other. He didn't really need to be at the shoot today, but he still came to support.