Chapter 12

The next morning Lucas woke up at about nine in the morning. Visiting hours did not start for another hour so he went downstairs and found his mom in there.

  "Hey are you going to go visit Hailey today?" She asked him.

  "Yeah I am probably going to leave here pretty soon." He told her.

  "Do you mind if I go with you. I want to go sit there with Alexis because I know this must be hard for her."

  "Okay. Do you want to ride up there with me or do you want to drive there?"

  "Can I get a ride with you?"

  "Yeah I am going to go get changed then I am going to head up there." He told her as he walked to his room.

  After Lucas changed he grabbed his keys and climbed into his car and waited for his mom. Before she came out he got a text from Lauren.

  Lauren: Hey are you going to go visit Hailey today?

  Lucas: Yeah. My mum and I are about to start heading that way.

  Lauren: Okay. Can you see if it is alright for Niall and I to come visit tomorrow. We can't today because I have something that I have to do with my dad today.

  Lucas: Yeah I can ask him. I don't think he would want you to come today because he has to start his treatment today.

  Lauren: Yeah I though he might want today for himself. I will talk with you later because I have to leave.

  Lucas: Okay. I will tell you later if you can visit him tomorrow or not.

  After Lucas finished texting him, his mom walked out of the house and walked over to the car.

  "Hey Hailey's mom asked me to grabbed a few things from their house for her and Hailey. She told me that the apart key is in the flower pot by the front door." She told me.

  Lucas drove over to Hailey's house and got out with his mom. She grabbed the key from the flower pot and they went inside she told Lucas to grab stuff from Hailey's room while she went to Alexis' room to get stuff for her.

  "She said to grab her blanket off the top shelf in her closet, a couple books , and she said that she asked if you could grab her x box so that she could set it up and play it while you are there. Do you know where all of it is and her games." She told Lucas. He nodded his head at her

  He walked up to her room. Everything was still organized like she kept it. He grabbed an empty bag out of her closet and grabbed her blanket and some of her books when his phone went off. It was a text from Hailey.

  Hails💓: Hey mom told me that you were grabbing me some things from my room to bring with you when you come up here and I wanted to ask if you can please grab my computer for me. I have it under my bed.

   Lucas: Yeah I will grab it as well. Is there anything else you want me to grab while I am here.

  Hails💓: No that is all that I want. If you need something to put it in I have a lot of extra bags in my closet.

  Lucas: I already have two bags full of stuff I am bringing you. It looks like I am moving in with everything.

  After Lucas finished tecting Hailey he grabbed the rest of the things she asked him to grab and put the bags in his car then he went to see if his mom needed any help. They grabbed everything and headed up to the hospital. They some how managed to get everything carried inside in one load.

  "Thank you both so much for grabbing all of this. You can keep that copy of the key to our house for now because Hailey may be sending you two back and forth grabbing stuff from our house for him." Hailey's mom said.

  Lucas walked over to Hailey and handed her the bags. She had him set up the x box for her right as the nurse came in to start his medicine. While she was getting the chemo they were playing on the x box until she started getting tired so they turned on a movie and she fell asleep. She slept for a half hour before she suddenly jumped out of the bed and ran to the bathroom. Lucas knocked on the door and heard her throwing up. He walked in and sat beside her. He sat there running her back until she was done.

  "Hey you done. Let's get you back to bed." Lucas told her.

  As Lucas stood up Hailey held her hands up to him to pick her up. He picked her up and carried her back to the bed and laid beside her. Lucas played the movie and watched it until she fell asleep again.

  "Thank you for being here to sit with her Lucas. The last time she went through this she had no one who would come and sit with her. I am going to warn you that it will probably get a lot worse as his treatment goes on." Hailey's mom told Lucas while his mom went to go get some food.

  "Well she is really close to me so of course I will come sit with her. I know that it will probably get worse throughout the treatment. I sat with my father while he got his treatment before he died." He told her.

  "Oh yeah. I remember your mom had told me about that. Also thank you for staying with her even after you found out that she was sick again."

  "Of course I would stay with her. I ment what I said when she first told me about it. I will stay with her through it and I will help her get through it." He told her as Hailey starts to stir in her sleep.

  She shot up out of the bed and ran to the bathroom again. Lucas followed behind her and sat beside her rubbing circles in her back until she was done. After she finished he helped her over to the sink so that she could brush her teeth than helped her back to bed. Lucas' mom had brought back some food back. Hailey and Lucas shared some food until she was done because she started feeling sick again.

  "Hey do you want to play some fifa on the x box before you have to leave?" Hailey asked Lucas.

  "Yeah I will go put it in." He told her as he grabbed the game and put it in.

  They played a few rounds before it was time for Lucas to leave. He gave her a hug and a kiss before he left.

  "Oh hey I forgot to ask. Niall and Lauren want to know if they can come visit you tomorrow." He said before he walked out.

  "I don't know. It depends on how I am feeling tomorrow." Hailey said.

  Lucas told her good bye and he drove home with his mother. When they got there he ate some dinner and then he went to bed because he was tired. He told Lauren what Hailey said before he fell asleep.