2.4- Meeting the Caterpillar

𝐈'𝐦 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐜 𝐰𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 20𝐤 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲. 𝐃𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤, 𝐢𝐦 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭.

𝑱𝒆𝒔𝒔, 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒐𝒌𝒂𝒚...𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒕 𝒌𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒚 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒑. 𝑨𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒖𝒏𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒑𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒎𝒆-𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒕 𝒎𝒖𝒓𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒎𝒆

 𝑨𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒖𝒏𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒑𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒎𝒆-𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒕 𝒎𝒖𝒓𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒎𝒆

IPLAM- DAYTIME

They cross the barren plain until they reach a wide field of mushrooms. Hatter places his hat on the ground, allowing Alice to get off carefully.

"You're your own from here." He told her grimly. Her face turned to one of shock as she hoisted up her long dress, "You're not coming?"

"Absolem can be temperamental," he said to her, "I'll wait here"

The scene changed to show Alice walking through a field with a heavy mist covering the greenery, giving it feel more apprehensive. Mushrooms of every color surround her, all towering above her like giants. "Who are you?" A voice calls out. Alice whips around, squinting through the haze of mist.

"You look like Harold" Cooper told her as he munched on a tub of popcorn that Ron passed over.

"Absolem?" She called out, her chime like voice echoing. "Who ARE you?" The disembodied voice called out once more.

Alice constantly looked left and right, fingers twitching at her side, "I'm not who you think I am" She spoke, the mist curling around her words as it opened up to show a form ahead.

She leaned back with surprise, the mist had been arising in a steady plume from a hookah that was with the figure that sat upon a mushroom. A caterpillar is lying on top of a giant mushroom, huffing out smoke. He is a bright blue color that looked almost like a highlighter. Alice froze, the cogs in her head reeling at a fast pace.

"Absolem?" She said again, this time with more confidence laced in her words. He glanced at the girl in a blue dress, "I don't think you're Absolem. I'm Absolem. I think you're Alice." 

"You can not be real" She told him, although it seemed as if she was telling that more to herself than anyone else. "Of course, I'm real" He said. Absolem blew a smoke ring into her face, making Alice cough at the sudden substance, waving a hand to clear her breathing space. Alice shifted to get a better look at him, her eye's crinkled as she gazed ,,..Have we met before?"

He looked taken aback at her comment, "You don't recall? You were young then, although larger than you are now. You called it "Wonderland"." He chuckled, his whole body jiggling like jello, "Stupid girl"