19

|Keegan Bierman|
|Two evenings later|

I was still disappointed. I crossed my arms and looked at Ev who was just painted in shame. Kaes just sat there, like a disappointed mother.

"See? You do not listen to me." Kaes said while she slapped the back of head, she has such a beautiful English accent - it is so matured. He winced and held the spot.

"Everret man, what's going on? This is way out of your nature."

He just kept quiet darting his eyes around. He then sighed.

"I don't want to seem desperate or boring about my story, Ax." He said In a sad voice. He looked like he was about to cry.

"I am listening..."

Then he started by open up about his financial crisis back at home. Parents are divorced, mom took everything excluding the kids which she left with the father. The fathers business went - I know it's not my story to tell but he feels uncomfortable to share in his view. However his father's business went bankrupt, ever since then he has been struggling financially.

Everret has three siblings who are very much below the age of 10. His father is now ill, with an unknown disease. Automatically the responsibilities have fallen into his hands. Selling herbs, candies and chalk - if you know what I mean? Makes quick money for him to send back home for his father's treatment and his siblings...his mother is no where to be found but his path of quick money has caused him nothing but trouble.

As he was done he had his moment, I felt like dad who failed his son. He laid on his arms. My heart ached for him. I moved closer and placed my arm him and pulled him closer.

"Don't weep Ev, you are trying but just - let us help." I said in my parenting tone and looked at Kaes who agreed.

"Yes, my love. Your path of money is risky and we don't want to see you hurt." Kaes patted his back, "How much do you owe him?"

"Owe who?" I asked in confusion.

"Chief." Everett said weakly, lifting his head up, wiping his tears, "I don't need your help!" He snapped.

"Well you are not going to end up like me, we do not want to pronounce you dead." I said calmly.

"Can I just leave?"

Kaes and I looked at each then just agreed to let him go. We watched him leave, he deserves the world.

Kaes sighed, "my enemies have won this battle." She leaned back lazily.

I stroked my chin in thought, "Do you know Chief?"

"That white washed -" she stopped herself, "Yes I do, what do you have in mind?"

"I want to see him personally."

She looked at me in disbelief, "HaVe YOU GONE MAD!?" Her accent began to peek out.

"Come on Kaesandra, we know Ev isnt going to tell us anythin', which is putting him more at risk. I care for him also."

We both sighed. She just directed me where to go at 11pm. Perfection.