22

|One week later|
|Keegan Bierman|
|Yaoundé Nsimalen International Airport|

|Cameroon|

I felt a little hazy after that long flight ride. It was so long, too many stops and over all I was just irritable, don't get me wrong I love traveling - I get that Kaes is worried about him but shit it is getting too much now.

I travelled with Alvira, Paxton and Kaes. The rest said they were too busy which is a lie. I knew they were broke, excluding Zariah she went on an assignment trip for economics.

We were all now strolling through the airport. I offered to drag Alvira's suitcase because she looked exhausted.

"Is there a car rental place here?" Paxton asked.

"Do you think we know?" We answered in harmony.

"This city is like 5 hours away..." One of them whispered.

I felt uncomfortable, basically watched. I sighed.

"We can only get cars in town." Alvira said next to me. I groaned.

"Really!?"

"Yeah, think we might need to catch local transport so we can get to town." She confirmed, I wanted to kill myself .

"I think you two should go together." Paxton proposed the idea, I see where this is heading.

"Why us?"

"Gosh because Alvira speaks the language. You're the one with the rental money." Paxton stated in a tone of obviousness. I sighed.

"Fine. Alvira, let's go. We'll be back for you guys shortly."

We left the image going outside the airport to catch a taxi. We did not exchange any words. I must admit - it was awkward. We usually enjoy our company but not of late not so much.

She got ahold of one of the drivers and they exchanged a few words and smiles until she said, pointing at me.

"Oh non non. Les boissons auraient été bien (Drinks would have been nice) but I'm currently with my husband as you can see." You are such a life saver.

My heart somehow jumped, I smiled softly and just played along...

|Meanwhile|
|Everret Abessolo|

I placed the fridge close to the socket then plug it in. It started operating, I smiled at myself in accomplishment.

I walked to my clients living room while taking off my gloves then gripped onto them.

"Ehhm-Mhm. Monsieur, j'ai fini de réparer votre réfrigérateur. ça ne devrait pas déranger..(Sir i have finished fixing your fridge. it shouldn't bother..)" I informed with a weak smile.

"Here's 200XAF." The man handed me the money. I just thanked him and left.

I have only made 600XAF...this won't make it till tomorrow. My heart just cried out as I walked to the local supermarket to get a few things.

Ever since I got here, this is the cheapest place I buy food for the house...some products are past due but I have to keep the house going.

I went to the local healer to get some herbs to help with my father's wounds and other medication. I am unable to meet the medical treatment amount they demand and I do not want to let him go yet.