Pt 5

Just a little note before I start I have decided to give Y/n's parents names but if you want to imagine their names as your parents please go ahead.

I'd also like to thank @Silje29 for helping me with that decision.

Enjoy the chapter!!

—————————————————————————-

Y/n's dad pov:

I unlock and open the front door and walk in holding the door open for my wife.

After she stepped through the door into the hall I shut and re locked the door.

My wife Dorothy walked into the living room and I follow her closely behind.

Immediately I'm able to hear Toby's crying.

"Tyler why don't you go and check on Toby and I'll go make sure Y/n is ok."

"Of course dear."

I give Dorothy a quick peck on the lips and head up to the room we share with Toby.

"Hey bud what's wrong? Why are you crying?" I ask the young child knowing I'm not going to get an answer from him.

Lifting him up into my arms makes him quiet down but not much.

I start pacing back and forth gently bouncing him in my arms in an attempt to calm him down.

While doing this I look to the clock hanging on the wall above the drawers on the other side of the room only to find out that it's 2:17 in the morning.

"Toby! Be quiet it's too early for this!" I whisper yell at the child in my arm.

This only results in him crying even louder which causes me to get more annoyed.

What if the neighbours start complaining about the noise?

I love Toby but I don't want to get complaint's because of him.

The more I try to quiet his cry's the louder he gets.

As I'm trying to think of what to do an idea pops into my head I mutter a phrase under my breath, one I have heated Y/n repeat many times when acting out scenes from that book he's always carrying around.

One about a maze and some dude in ridiculously tight leggings.

"I wish the goblins would come and take you away right now."

I'm not sure why I said it but I'm glad I did because after muttering those few words Toby went silent in my arms.

Placing him into his crib I look down at him only to find that what I'm holding isn't my youngest son, it's a hideous and furry little beast.

I drop the creature before letting out a scream fearing what has happened to my baby boy.

As my breathing quickens I can hear laughter around me.

My breathing quickens as I turn to look around the room only to find nothing there.

Y/n comes running into the room moments later clearly panicking.

"Dad? What's wrong why did you scream?"

"Toby h-he-" my sentence gets cut off by an owl flying in through the window.