the 'magic system'

A/N: why did I make a magic system? Because i cannnnnnn.

Society

Now Elves and Fae/Faeries live in harmony with humans along with vampires, sirens, and werebeasts

Magic has now become an exception. Occupations that incorporate magic are:

Priests/Priestesses

Clairvoyants

Archeomancers

Numeromancers

Artificers

Monks

Elemental Artists

Mediums (that probably double as necromancers idk?)

Magic System

Magic can only be activated through these jewels called Bijou of Fae which are self-explanatory: gems blessed by the fae.

They could be put into jewelry or even just be on a person to be used.

The magic can be amplified with a wand or a staff.

If the person has lost their bijou or doesn't have it, they will be incapable of using magic.

There is a ritual a person can do to make themselves a Fae so that they will be able to use magic without the bijou. This is known as the Ritual of the Fae Awakening.

However, no one has ever done ritual successfully since no one has ever been able to endure the process of the change during the ritual.

The people can come up with their own spells and would usually put them in spellbooks.

However, if the person uses it too much without repaying the Fae, the bijou will start to poison them from the inside.

The Fae, especially the Father of all Fae (who is just referred to as Father), are very particular about equivalent exchange. HOWEVER, they will NOT ask for a person's life or something like that.

They would mostly ask for something simple such as try to help someone other than yourself with magic.

The best thing a person can do is to help with the changing of seasons.

There are things the magic of the Fae can't do though. Such as:

Raise the dead

Make yourself or others immortal

Cheat death

COMPLETELY alter reality

Alter destiny 

Alter the past