Chapter 23

One had to say this situation was unprecedented. When was it ever heard that someone was foolish enough to plagiarize a jewelry design right before a known descendant of the original designer?

The audience was still in shock over this once-in-a-lifetime event.

After managing to contain his anger Fang Zhifei opened his mouth to speak, "You fraud, do you know what you have done? You managed to drag the entire industry into the mud with your greed and foolishness. Blatantly plagiarizing from a foreign designer! You are a national disgrace."

Mao He was very flustered. In his anxiety, he tried to defend himself. "I...I...I didn't plagiarize."

Fang Zhifei's face darkened even further. "You still dare say you didn't plagiarize in front of overwhelming evidence. Good! Very good! You and the company behind you should prepare yourselves. Neither of you will go scot-free."

At this threat, Yan Hui stood up to say something, but no one gave him a chance. Before he could say a word, Austin interjected, "According to the rules, Lustrous is disqualified and will no longer be allowed to participate in the Donovan Jewelry Design Competition."

"Someone call security to escort them away."

Wang Zian, who had already prepared the security and was waiting for further instructions, quickly ordered them to escort Lustrous out.

Yan Hui and his team could only cooperate to avoid embarrassment. They all had their faces down, trying to prevent people from memorizing and recognizing their faces in the future. Too bad they wouldn't have it so easy. The paparazzi were already waiting for them when they made it out.

Multiple flashes and questions bombarded them in an instant. With no bodyguard protecting them, it could be estimated that they'll spend some time with the reporters.

With this incident, very few would be willing to work with Lustrous again.

After Lustrous had been escorted off, the host of the competition quickly came to control the situation and introduced the last contestant.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I now present Radiance from the last finalist, Bejeweled."

Then, the last jewelry piece for the competition was pushed on stage by one of the staff.

Exclamations sounded in the hall at the sight of this piece.

It was a necklace that deeply reminded one of the red sunset.

Its base consisted of 5 circles that were connected to form layers. Underneath the last layer, the rest of the base was a net shaped like an inverted triangle and connected to the final layer. The entire base was made of platinum.

The layers and nets had many tiny pockets in them. Many shades of red diamonds were used embedded in those tiny pockets.

Red diamonds are considered the rarest and some of the most expensive diamonds in the world. They were also called Red Fancy. And in this moment, multiple shades of red diamonds decorated this necklace.

The most eye-catching part of this necklace was where the last layer and net were connected. In the middle of their connection was the largest pocket in the base, and a sizeable reddish-orange diamond that mimicked the sun was in it. It was dazzling and flawless.

The diamonds closer to the sun were a lighter shade of red. The farther they were from the sun, the darker their color. This transition was very smooth.

Every time the stage lights hit Radiance, breaths were caught. It was like staring at the breathtaking brilliance of the sun at sunset.

The more they stared at it, the better their moods became. This effect was unique.