Chapter 49

A familiar intoxicating scent engulfed Yu Yuan. Before her mind could fully register what was happening, her lips were captured.

Yu Yuan was a little dazed, but her body responded instinctively. Her hands let go of her phone and clutched his shirt instead.

Yu Yuan had been lounging on the sofa with her back reclining on one of its armrests. Now, one of Huo Wei's hands held the same armrest while his other hand gently supported the back of her head. His upper body covered hers entirely, and only her legs were visible. The only thing her senses could register was his overwhelming presence.

Huo Wei, same as many times before, took his time savoring her lips. He gently sucked on her lower lip before lightly sweeping his tongue across it as if to taste. Her hands clutched his clothes even tighter.

His grip tightened but remained gentle, and then, with a subtle, unhurried movement, he tilted his head. His tongue delved between her lips and swept past her teeth with no obstruction. His actions caused Yu Yuan to experience another wave of pleasurable sensations.

The more time they spent together, the better his kissing skills became. Many times, she could only surrender to the euphoria, unable to muster any form of counterattack.

Yu Yuan gradually lost her awareness. She couldn't even think of the fact that they were still in his office and anyone could come knocking. Even if she did, it would probably excite her more.

When they finally separated, Yu Yuan had a glazed look in her eyes, and her breaths were coming in short pants. It took her some moments to regain her bearings.

Huo Wei carefully smoothed her hair, his fingers combing through the strands that had become messy during their session.

"Did you enjoy your movie?"

"Yes."

Huo Wei's eyes deepened slightly, and his thumb gently traced her lower lip. "Hmm. It seemed like you did."

Yu Yuan was slightly confused. Why did she feel like she was missing some key information? But Huo Wei didn't say anything else, so she quickly forgot about it.

She threw a suspicious glance at him. "Are you done with your work?"

"Almost," he responded without guilt.

"..."

Was she now the demonic consort from the ancient times who seduced the emperor and caused him to neglect his duties?

Wait...no. What was she thinking of? She had been on her own, just watching a series. When did she seduce him? Obviously, he was the one with a problem.

Her judgemental eyes bore into him, forgetting she was also a willing accomplice.

Huo Wei could read the meaning behind her look, but he didn't mind. He was even more shameless, saying, "I couldn't help it. You seduced me."

"..."

"What do you mean I seduced you? Just admit your heart was crooked, and you had no self-control," she retorted.

"Hmmm, I admit to it."

"..."

Yu Yuan felt like she had just punched a piece of cotton. She didn't want to bother with him anymore.

Huo Wei chuckled but didn't continue teasing her. Instead, he asked, "Are you free this Saturday?"

Yu Yuan glanced at him in question. "Why do you ask?"

"My friends arranged a small outing for this weekend. If you want to, we can go together. They might be incapable at many things, but they know how to have fun."