3. Post-Breakup Treatment

When I got home from practice, both sisters were there, as promised

"Hey, how are you?" Delilah's voice is muffled against my chest as she squeezes my neck.

I wrap my arms around her shoulders  and shrug. "I don't know."

Delilah pulls away. Her blue eyes, that are almost identical to mine, are filled with pity. Pity that I'm already giving myself, I don't need it from anyone else.

"We've got it covered. Go change. Put your cute little Disney pajamas on and get your butt down here." Delilah pushes me towards the staircase and I chuckle.

I tug my shirt overhead once I'm in my room, my jeans following shortly after. After throwing on a Miami soccer shirt and a pair of sweatpants, I retreat back downstairs.

The sound of whispering meets my ears as I step into the living room. At my entrance, both Delilah and Ruby stop talking and look up at me.

I stare at my sisters. Delilah has our fathers dirty blonde hair. Where Ruby and I have our mothers dark hair. Delilah and I have blue eyes, Ruby's are hazel. Our noses all take different appearances, whilst still similar. The one thing we all have in common- appearance wise- is the indent in our chin. The same one our father has.

Ruby sends me a warm smile and pats the spot in between her and Delilah. I fall back onto the couch, and stretch my legs out onto the ottoman in front of me.

"Okay, first things first. Dinner. We couldn't decide between Thai or pizza-"

I cut Delilah off, "Pizza." I state, staring at the TV screen.

"-so we ordered both."

I shrug, "Fine by me."

"Now. Would you rather watch, The Bachelorette-"

"No."

"Or, we can watch the newest season of Dancing With the Stars. Apparently this season is really good." Ruby opens Disney+ as Delilah pulls a blanket over her lap.

"Dancing With the Stars." I grumble, draping part of Delilah's blanket over my lap.

The Premiere Party starts and I sink into the couch. Ruby passes me some chocolate and I immediately indulge.

By the time Selma Blair is finished with her routine, even I'm crying.

"She's just... Amazing." Delilah chokes out and Ruby sniffles on my other side.

Both sisters have inched their ways closer as the episode has gone on. Not that I'm surprised. All of our love language is physical touch.

Except our father. That man has hate languages;
Words of Discouragement.
Acts of Not-Showing-Up.
Alcoholism.
"I Forgot to Pick My Kids Up from School".
Verbal Abuse.