12. Daddy Cut Her Off

IDGAF(with blackbear) - BoyWithUke, blackbear

"I have to see Annabelle today." I admit to my therapist, Serenity.

"Why's that?"

"I have to get my stuff. I left clothes and stuff there. Katherine said
it might be good for me to see her. Get some closure." I fold my hands and place them in my lap.

"I think Katherine could have my job." Serenity says and I chuckle. "Are you nervous?" She asks and I nod. "Why?"

"What if he's... What if he's there?"

"That's something you'll have to overcome. Just, remember what we've talked about. You have to breathe. What if you took someone with you, a friend. Not Katherine because that would start drama. Maybe, Chris?" Serenity suggests and I nod.

"Like a buffer?"

"Exactly."

"Okay." I check my watch, knowing my time is up. "Thanks, Serenity. I'll see you next week."

"Bye, Jake." She walks me to the door before I exit the building.

I swing by Katherine's hair salon to pick her up for lunch. As she opens the door, I look through the window to find the same three girls that are always watching. I smile and wave and I'm pretty sure one of them faints.

Katherine huffs as she climbs in and shuts the door. "Ignore them. They're hopeless sex addicts that wanna know about my sex life with my sexy new hockey husband. Their words, not mine."

"I think the short one passed out."

"Oh, Brooke? Probably. To them, you're the equivalent to Justin Bieber if they were still teenagers." I pull out of the parking lot.

"Do I need a restraining order?" I joke.

"Definitely. How was therapy?"

"Good. My therapist says you could take her job with your whole get some closure shit."

Katherine smiles, "I always knew I could do it." Her tone was anything but serious.

We head to our usual lunch spot, The Café on Second St., because it's literally a café on 2nd street.

"She said I should take someone like Chris with me. To have a buffer. Especially incase... incase he's there." I suck in an agitated breath.

"You think he will be?"

"I honestly have no idea. And that's what I'm afraid of. I don't want to be blindsided, again."

"I'd offer to go but, I doubt that's the best idea. Plus, I have a job."

"Yeah. She specifically told me not to take you." I say and Katherine chuckles as she nods her head in agreement.

"I think it's super entertaining to read tabloids about myself when I know they're far from the truth." Katherine shows me her phone screen as I come to a stop at a red light.