10. Do Not Touch That Door Handle, Kit Kat

"Okay, so

"Okay, so. Your favorite food is your Gram's Lasagna. Favorite movie is Rapunzel. Blonde hair, blue eyes. You have a dimple on your left cheek but not your right. Favorite song is Starlight by Taylor Swift. You can't stand the sound of chewing. You hate olives, even though that's your cat's name. And you like my dog more than you like me."

I sit there dumbfounded as Jake quizzes himself on facts about me. My eyes are wide and my hand has halted on my text message to Sophia.

"How in the hell did you-"

"I have reliable resources." Evelyn.

"I don't know jack-shit compared to you."

"Let me see what you got." Jake sits up excitedly in the driver seat.

"Um.." I rack my brain. "You're the Right Winger for the Mavericks. You got drafted right out of high school. Played hockey since you were six. Brown hair, blue eyes. Two younger sisters. Awesome mom. No dimples. Allergic to bees and peppermint. Favorite movie is Frozen. Favorite song is Show Yourself by Indina Menzel. And my cat is adorable no matter what her name is. You like me more than your dog."

Jake snaps his finger and shoots a finger at me, "I'd say we've both got this in the bag. They'll never suspect a thing." While he may be right about Pops, I'm afraid Gram will see right through me. They've wanted me to fall in love and be happy for so long, I'm scared to break their hearts with the truth. Though, lying isn't the best thing, seeing them fall in love with Jake knowing we'll be separated in a year, is even worse.

I stare at the the Emerald cut diamond that sits on my finger, a gold wedding band stuck around it. The diamond isn't very big, which is why I love it so much. Only, it's not real. Sure, it's a real diamond but, this whole thing is just a charade.

Then, my gaze lands on Jake's left hand. A simple Platinum band rests on his ring finger.

Jake insisted on buying me the ring I wanted. He said if I settled for one because it was cheaper, he'd hit me with another pillow. Then he felt bad and only let them show me rings on the more expensive side so I didn't have any other choice.

"I don't expect you to legally change your last name but, maybe you should on social media. Just to make it more believable." Jake says and I nod.

"I didn't correct someone when they called me Mrs.Henry the other day." Jake taps his thumbs against the steering wheel. "Are you nervous?"

"Nope... I lied, yes. Very."

I reach over and pat his shoulder. "They're gonna love you." And that's what I'm most afraid of.

Jake pulls down the familiar street and I inhale a shaky breath. Gram's gonna smack me upside the head. Pop's will piss himself.

"Are you?"

"A little."

"Look at us. All nervous together." Jake flashes me a smile.

I point to the house on the right, "It's the brick one. Right there." I say and he pulls up along the curb.