Chapter 5

"Come out wherever you are!" Ethan laughed, stalking around the house like a predator. My whole body shook and my hand was pressed against my mouth desperately trying to keep my sobs muffled. I was currently hiding in the laundry room behind our coat holder thingy. When we had gotten home, to my displeasure, my parents were still at work. The minute the front door had shut behind us, my brothers pounced. I shoved over a book case and then sprinted somewhere through our large house, giving me just enough time to lose them while they focused on the spilt book shelf. I knew it wouldn't be too long till they found me and beat me up, and the thought of the pain resurfacing my mind terrified me so much I couldn't stop
the tears rushing out of me.

I considered calling 911, but I knew if I had done that my brothers and parents would have manipulated the police into thinking everything's fine and I would have just gotten a worse beating later, so I didn't waste my breath.

"This bitch. I HAVE PLACES TO BE LETS GO!" Caleb yelled out. "Places" probably consisted of weed. All he did was smoke and my parents were too oblivious to notice, not to mention it was his entire scent. Half the time you're talking to Caleb he's high. The door to the laundry room slowly creaked open, taking me out of my trance. My heart rate shot up, and I pleaded mentally as I heard whoever the intruder was inspect the room.

After some time, the footsteps got quieter, signaling the person had left. I let out a huge sigh of relief, thanking God for letting me off the hook. I waited a few more minutes before slowly standing up, quietly stretching my feet since I had been crouched down in that tiny space for over 30 minutes.

That is until the door swung open, and I was exposed, standing in the middle of the room looking like a deer in headlights.

"Got you whore." Ethan sneered, his face full of rage and amusement. Before I could flee, he snatched my arm and dragged me to where the rest of my brothers were, awaiting for my arrival.

"LET GO!" I screamed, but his grip wouldn't loosen. Ethan overpowered me, and all I felt right now was weak. What was the point in resisting, I had lost. I stopped giving the reaction they all wanted me to give. Staring with a straight face, I braced myself for the first punch, repeating to myself to not show any emotion.

But no punch came. I stood confused, staring at all four of them.
"What, you expect us to hit you? Last time we tried that you still didn't learn." Caleb sneered, referring to when he beat me up two days ago.
I did though, i'm never snitching again after that. I didn't say that though, I just stared at him. I could see his agitation towards my silence, but he didn't say anything about it just yet.

"Let's play a game!" Luke spoke up. This scared me more than a beating did. Luke continued on, "We give you two choices for your punishment, and you pick!"

The boys laughed, clearly loving the idea. I was petrified.

"I'll chose them since this started between me and her." Ethan said.

"It was my fucking idea so I should pick." Luke snapped back. The two bickered on who should pick for at least a minute until Carter interrupted them telling them to shut the fuck up.

"Just let Ethan pick." Carter sighed, getting tired of all the bickering. Luke groaned obnoxiously, and Ethan gave him the biggest grin of the century.

"Give us all your work money or we get to embarrass you in front of the school and you have to go along with it."

My mouth gaped open. Last summer I had worked my ass off with 3 jobs so I could get enough money to pay for my future car. My parents obviously wouldn't be buying me one and my brothers wouldn't let me drive there's so I had no other choice. I had 10,000 dollars. If they thought I'd give them a single fucking penny of
my money they'd need to wake the fuck up.