Chapter 26: Sada Has a Low Battery

Song: "Broken Wings" - Kristóf Krasznai

"That was a good move, Arven," Penny admitted, approaching him. "That man had suspicious written all over his face."

"Are you sure?" Nemona asked. "I thought he was rather charming. And did you see that Pokémon with him? Cuteness overload!"

"Says the girl who refused to battle the Future Pokémon." Penny glowered at her. "And made Scarlet fight that Iron Moth all by herself."

Instantly, Nemona shut down and rested her hand on Meowscarada's pokéball. It wasn't long until she shook her head and changed the subject. "So, this is the future? It doesn't look too different from the present."

Penny scratched her ear like Sada. "We probably have to visit a town or city to confirm. I'm sure Rotom can tell us."

That was when things went hectic.

Sada looked up from her injured arm and questioned, "Ar-Arven? I don't feel good."

"Mom?" Arven said. "What's wrong?" He noticed that Sada slumped forward, and her pupils widened like she had a concussion. He dropped to his knees and held two fingers up to her. "How many fingers am I holding up?"

"I-I don't know," she answered. "Six?"

Arven jumped back when her computer spoke up. "AI Sada battery low. 20% remaining."

"Battery?" Oh gosh, Arven wished he hadn't heard that.

His friends and the Pokémon surrounded Sada like a group who had just seen a murder.

Penny scanned Sada with her phone and said, "Sada, your battery is dying. Do you have anything that can recharge it?"

"Recharge?" Arven squeaked, sounding like a Pichu.

Penny glanced at him. "She's an AI, Arven. She's battery-powered."

Arven stumbled. A few sweat drops ran down his temples.

"I have Sandy Shocks." Sada's voice changed to a slow, robotic one. "He recharges me. Right pocket, Penny."

Penny reached into Sada's right coat pocket, but Arven shouted, "Get your hands off her!" He shoved her away from Sada. The force with which he did knocked off Penny's glasses.

"Ow!" Sada bellowed.

"Penny!" Nemona said. She and Scarlet hurried to her and helped her sit.

"For Pete's Sake, Arven, I'm trying to help her!" Penny snapped. She felt around for her glasses.

Scarlet found them and handed them to her.

A white light flashed from Sada's pocket. Before Arven and his friends knew it, Sandy Shocks stood next to her.

It did not look that much different from Magneton. It still had three magnets, one eye each, in a triangle-like format. Two horseshoe-like magnets were under the bottom two Magnemite. They allowed the Pokémon to saunter across the land. Gray, fuzzy features covered the ends of the horseshoes, as well as the ends of the top Magnemite.

Miraidon approached Sada and Sandy Shocks and flipped up Sada's hair, revealing a silver USB plug on the back of her neck.

Sandy Shocks stretched one of its bottom magnets with the fuzz and latched onto the plug like a leech.

A buzz sound was heard. Sada stopped twitching and shut down. A deadpan expression engulfed her face, and her eyes widened.

"Oh... gosh." Gagging, Arven hid behind his hands. "I'm gonna be sick."