Chapter 39: Finding Hope

Song: "Lumina" - BrunuhVille

"Knock, knock." Security Guard One knocked on the door to Arven's room. His friends stood in a single-file line behind him, and Miraidon rested next to Security Guard One's Iron Hands.

He opened the door, and Arven's friends poked their heads inside his room.

He had drawn the shades, and Arven rocked back and forth on his bed, clutching his knees like a child. Pure horror, grief, and separation anxiety were on his face. It reddened with his streaming tears.

Miraidon saw trauma—the same kind that Sada experienced with the earthquake.

Security Guard One tried to be friendly. "Hey, buddy," he chimed, "I brought your friends."

"Oh my God," was the only thing Penny said when she saw Arven.

Miraidon could not help but agree. Arven looked horrible, both mentally and physically.

"They took her from me. They took her from me!" the boy cried maniacally. He turned his head toward the guards. "You rats! I hope you rot in Hell!"

"Whoa, Arven!" Penny went to the side of his bed.

"They took AI Sada from me—the only thing I have left of my mother!" Arven fell into Penny's arms and shouted, "Get out!" at the guards.

"We're going, we're going." The guards surrendered and pushed their Pokémon's backs, hurrying out of the room.

Scarlet and Nemona joined Penny. There wasn't room for Miraidon, so he occupied the other side of the bed.

Celebi plopped down on Arven's meal tray.

Scarlet searched his bed for Mabosstiff's pokéball, and Penny gently shook his shoulders. "Arven, you've got to snap out of it."

"I lost not only my mom but also my baby sister!" Arven tugged on Penny's hoodie. "Mom told me I could name her. Pen-Pen, what did I do to deserve this?"

"Please, Arven." Penny tried to lie him down on his pillows. "You're only making your Broken Heart Syndrome worse." She pulled Arven's hand away from his IV, which he attempted to rip out, and pinned him down the best she could. "You need to rest."

Scarlet found Mabosstiff's pokéball under Arven's mattress. Releasing it, she whispered, "Here we go," to herself.

Miraidon came in to help while she readied Mabosstiff. He was Sada's Pokémon, so he wondered if Arven would calm down if something that belonged to her went to him. While it was just a theory, it was worth trying. Rotom was also an option because it had the pictures it took of Sada and Arven in the past.

"I miss her," Arven cried, hugging Penny tighter. "I just want my mother back."

"I know you do," she sweetly said, "and we're going to help you, Ven. I promise."

Scarlet straightened her posture. "Penny, do you mind if I talk to him?" She slid a chair from the window over to Arven's bed.

Penny released him and moved to the side. "Not at all. Go ahead, Scarlet. He probably understands you better than me."

"That's what I was thinking." Scarlet took her place at Arven's side.

He started to rock back and forth again. "Go on," he said, rubbing his nose with the back of his hand. "Tell me how much of a crybaby I am."

"Oh no," Scarlet said. "You're grieving. You have every right to cry. However, you do need to tell us what happened. Where's Sada?"

"Mom should've never told them she was an AI." Arven clutched his head. "They kicked her and Miraidon out... all because she's an AI."