234: Saviour

"We have an issue," MJ greeted Marcel 'cheerily.'

She held her phone to her ear, nails scratching up and down the skin as her head snapped left and right, marching down the street. She'd tried to vamp-speed to The Compound, but her vision had blurred in a way she didn't trust, colours changing like a filter, forcing her to skid to a stop.

"The ancestors just tried possessing Vincent."

"What?"

"Yep," MJ let herself lean against a wall, "I've spent the day seeing visions, drew a circle to let the spirits talk, only for them to try and possess Vincent."

"MJ – "

"He's fine," Her nails dug into her skin, "Agreed to be Regent."

Marcel shifted, "That's good."

"Maybe."

She stared at the shops on the opposite side of the road.

The dripping skin of the woman's cheeks in the reflection, standing next to her.

"M – "

"Did my mum see visions?"

"Not that she told me about," He seemed to shift, "But she didn't tell anyone much."

"You said she had a feeling about The Harvest."

"She had a feeling," Marcel rephrased, "That getting you and Ryos out would keep you alive."

MJ bit her lip.

"MJ – "

"I've been seeing visions of you guys."

Marcel didn't try to speak in her pause.

"Just flashes," MJ clarified, "Her face, your voice, then?"

She kept walking away?

"It fades like something I have to summon forward."

"Okay," Marcel wasn't sure what else to say, "You got any phrases that might tell me what the universe is trying to show you?"

"You jumping her in an alley."

"Could be a few times."

"I don't think you guys are the key bit," MJ's tone became distant, "It's just..."

An omen.

Like the woman in the reflection.

And the use of Carol.

There was nothing specifically Carol, of all people, would be able to tell her. She'd been mortal – she'd found peace and hadn't been doing any advanced reading on New Orleans witchcraft that might've left her spirit with the knowledge that would somehow help MJ. As convenient as that would've been, it wasn't the case.

So what message was the universe trying to give her? Reflect on the past?

"Why did you keep all our stuff?"

"The storage locker?"

"Yeah," MJ slowly released her arm, "Why keep it all this time?"

He almost seemed to laugh at himself, "I couldn't throw it away."

MJ rubbed her tired eyes.

She knew he'd kept Rebekah's room untouched too.

Did that make it better or worse?

"I thought I knew her, MJ," Marcel tried to continue, "And I thought she'd tricked me – then it became obvious she hadn't, and I'd killed her."