246: A Streetcar Named Desire

a/n: in case people haven't seen my announcements I'm crazy busy atm, but I'm so excited for the next chapter that I'm trying to get it out soon!!

(Friendly reminder, ways to motivate writers to update isn't to spam message, it's to comment and engage with published chapters!!) Love you all, Bea xx

Aurora DeMartel was in an old junkyard, listening to a song she once loved playing through the abandoned train car she'd found safety in. Enjoying how it felt warm. That it seemed to have sprung to life just for her. That trains were a place one could simply sit in and be taken to where they needed to be, gazing at the world through a window, air breathable, intimate closeness few other vehicles replicated.

"I can see why my brother liked you," She sensed her visitor, "Such the strong, silent type."

"This isn't silence, Aurora," Aya stood stiffly, a witch behind her, "It's patience."

Staring at how the woman wafted through the space.

"Give me what's in your hand," Her eyes on the gun, "And I'll give you what you want."

Aurora faced her slowly.

Light pink lips twitching.

"Aurora – "

"What I want, Aya, I have."

An amused smile across her face.

"A weapon that can kill the unkillable," Aurora stressed, "And make the Mikaelsons suffer nearly as much as they've made me suffer."

"Unfortunately," Aya stepped closer, "Elijah is one of your targets. And my sire."

Entirely unsettled.

"If you kill him, I die too."

"As would my brother," Aurora reasoned, "Who drowns endlessly at the bottom of the ocean."

Facing the woman sternly.

"Killing Elijah is the only mercy I can offer him, Aya."

"What if there was another way? "Aya softened her tone, "Help me sever the link between the Originals and their sire lines."

Aurora's chin lifted.

"And I'll show it to you."

"The last I heard," Aurora placed the gun on a table, "Your witches were at a dead end."

"A night ago, MiMi Pasare came through."

"She's betrayed the family?"

"She believes in good causes," Aya's turn to smile slyly, "She performed a test run. It succeeded."

"And The Mikaelson's are simply letting her?"

"Ah yes," Aya mused, "My second offer to you."

Aurora sat at the vanity table in the train car.

"Do you know how I was able to find you?"

"A coven of powerful witches."

"Because Klaus Mikaelson was indisposed."

Stillness.

"The Pethane witches have one goal. They do not care about us or Klaus, meaning they did not hesitate to put him into a weakened state for one of their spells. Perfectly stealable by us."

Aurora stared at her in the mirror, "Where is he?"

"He and MiMi Pasare are at Davilla," Aya nodded, "He is being prepared for the spell as we speak. Meaning, I only need one thing from you."