19

Trigger Warning - Suicide mention AND EXTREMELY EMOTIONAL. Get the tissues out people. 

Elenora POV

I made it outside the D'Angelo mansion. It was huge, even bigger than mine. Well mines now burnt. 

The guard looked at me and had a confused expression.

"I'm sorry we can't let you in." The guard said.  

I couldn't be bothered handling this right now so I simply called Aria. 

"Aria I'm outside. You're guard won't let me in." I said putting the phone on speaker for the guard to hear too. 

"Ricardo, let her in right now!" Aria said in the most commanding tone I've ever heard her speak in. She sounded like Gio almost. 

The guard let me in and I drove to the home. I didn't bother parking properly as I entered the mansion without knocking or ringing the door bell. 

Aria ran towards me as she pulled me into a hug. 

I don't know why but I suddenly started crying. Maybe it was the exhaustion or the fact that I lost my father's pocket watch. 

Aria looked at me and gasped. 

"Omg, don't cry. Don't worry it's just a mansion. You can stay with us." She said. 

"Someone tried to kill me Aria." I almost yelled. "That someone is probably Abdyl." I cried out falling to my knees as he instantly sat beside me. 

"Elenora don't worry, we'll get rid of him."  

"Why won't he leave me alone? Why won't the world give me peace?" I cried as she pulled me into a hug. 

"Nora, be strong." Aria said. 

"Aria-

He took my father pocket watch. The only thing I had left of him or anyone in my family." I said and her eyes widened. 

"The gold one with the picture inside?" She questioned and I nodded. 

I didn't know she knew about it. Maybe it's because she saw my dad have it when we were younger. 

"I'll get you the watch back." I heard a deep voice say from behind me. I recognised the voice to be Gio's. I turned to see him. 

He looked different to when I last saw him. His hair was messy, he even had eye bags. His shoulders were slumped and he was visibly tired. 

What had happened to him in the 2 months?

"Let me take you to your room." Aria said as she helped me up. 

I looked down at my hand and saw I had ashes over my hands and my suit. How did this happen? Am I going insane? How didn't I also smell the fire? Or see the gasoline?

Aria placed me on the bed. "Don't sleep yet. Let me get you clothes and you can take a shower." She said and I nodded. 

I got up and went into the bathroom, locking the door. I removed my clothes and entered the shower, turning the water on. The water helped calm my nerves as I cleansed myself. 

I was trying to figure out how everything happened, but nothing was coming to me. I was never this slow so why now? 

The stress was becoming to much for me to handle as I broke down into tears again. I felt like giving up, but I couldn't even do that since their wasn't a way out. Only death...

I quickly got rid of my bad thoughts and finished showering and wrapped a towel around me. 

I exited the bathroom and saw Gio sitting on the bed. Their were clothes and undergarments on the bed, Aria must have placed them there. 

I ignored Gio's presence and took the clothes going back into the bathroom to change. I put on the white undergarments, and the silk white pyjamas. 

Once I had changed I saw my makeup smudged. The shower must not have washed it properly. 

I checked the cupboard and found some makeup removed as I took my makeup off. I combed my wet hair to look a little presentable and made my way out the bathroom. 

Gio was still sitting on my bed but this time he looked at me. 

Looking into his eyes made me forget about all of my worries and think about his. What had happened to him? 

I walked towards him as concern filled me. 

"Are you ok?" We both asked each other at the same time. We smile lightly and I sat beside him on the bed looking at him. 

"I'll sort this Abdyl issue out. I'm sorry I'm taking so long." He said not looking at me. 

"Don't be sorry. It's not your fault. You're not obliged to resolve all my problems Gio. Take care of yourself before anyone else." I said to him. 

My own words made me realise that I do know things about him. 

And how much it pained me to see him like this. 

"Elenora It is my fault-" He was cut off by me. "Gio be quiet." I placed my hand over his making him look at me. 

I could see his face more clearly from here. That's when I saw a fresh deep cut on his eyebrow which was bandaged. 

I raised my hand touching it gently, he winced slightly but hid it. 

"Gio, what has happened to you?" I asked him on the verge of tears seeing him like this. 

"I-

It was nothing just some mafia stuff." He said as he shuffled. I almost believed him when I saw a bruise on his neck which was covered by his collar shirt before. 

I got up instantly pulling his shirt to the side. He gripped my wrist trying to stop me. "Don't you dare Gio." I said glaring at him and he let go. 

The bruise went too far for me to see with his shirt on. So, I ended up unbuttoning his shirt without thinking. I pulled his shirt off and gasped. 

He had a bruises and cuts going from his neck all the way down his arm. Tears pulled out my eyes as I looked at him. 

"Who did this?" I asked him but he looked away. I cupped his face with both my hands and looked at him. "Who?" I questioned again more softly trying my best not to cry. 

"Abdyl and the Russians."