25

Author note:

Hey lovelies, thanks for reading my story.

Hope you like it 💜

If you do like it then make sure to follow me too as well as reading my other stories.

Thanks again. 💜

____________________

Elenora POV

All the guests were now gone and it was time for the most dreadful time of the night.

Sleep-

Gosh, I'm so tired but the fact that I have to share room with Gio will keep me awake.

But I don't have the energy to over think so I simply went into his room throwing myself on his bed as I faced the ceiling.

He entered shortly after. "Tired?" He asked and I simply hummed as a reply.

"Change first then sleep." He reminded me and I hummed again to which he hummed back, mocking me with a smile as he looked at me.

I didn't move so he dragged me up using my arms as I was now on my feet.

"Gio-" I whined as I took a step back because the closeness was too much.

"I'll give you one of my T-shirts." He said walking to his closet handing me his shirt.

I grabbed It and walked into the bathroom.

I took a quick shower as I took all my makeup off.

I put the T-shirt on and since Gio was tall it reached just above my knees so I didn't need pants, only underwear.

I went back into the bedroom to see Gio already it the bed.

But that wasn't what distracted me.

He was shirtless-

God no, he's really going to make it harder for me.

"I thought you were tired." He teased with a smirk whilst eyeing me in his shirt.

I got into the bed in the far corner, away from him.

After a while of silence I decided to break it.

"Gio." I said trying to get his attention and he hummed in response.

I turned around to face him and saw him facing me with his eyes closed.

"I need to go to my office tomorrow." I said.

"Yh you can go. But why are you asking?"

"I'm not asking." I replied.

"Already fulfilling your duties as my wife I see." He teased with a smirk his eyes still closed.

"No, I just thought you should know. The same way you should tell me too."

He hummed as a response.

I had been too busy the past few days that I couldn't go to work. I'd also have to give an official statement to the press about our marriage.

And Emiliano-

Gosh the guard who helped me in the fire.

I forgot to give him his promotion.

I instantly got off the bed and picked up my phone.

I knew it was midnight but my PA should answer.

"Hello?" She said in a sleepy tone.

"Hey, sorry to disturb you." I said.

"Oh ma'am it's okay. Is everything fine?" She asked realising it was her boss calling.

"Yh, just tomorrow when you go to the office I need you to inform Patrick to release a statement about my marriage."

"Ok will do. Anything else Ma'am?" She asked.

"Also give my guard Emiliano a promotion. Also apologise on my behalf for not showing up a few days ago." I said.

"Ok then, will do."

"Thanks a lot. Good night."

"Good Night." She said and I hung up.

I sighed walking back to the bed, Gio's eyes were now on me.

"Everything ok?" He questioned.

"Yh, just forgot some stuff."

"Who's Emiliano?" He further asked.

"The guard who saved me from the fire. He also helped a lot after." I answered.

I look at him to see him in deep thought.

"Why? Are you jealous?" I teased with a smile.

"No-" He was cut off by me."it's ok to be jealous, I am your wife after all" I further teased him.

"Sure." He said turning so he lay flat on his back, facing the ceiling.

Silence over took us once again.

"Any news from the Russians?" I sighed.

"No."

"Their silence isn't good." I replied not being able to hide my fear.

"Don't worry. I'll do something about it even if they don't kick Abdyl out themselves." He said and I nodded.

But I was still afraid-

What if I got married for no reason and they somehow get stronger?

I want to be in peace.

But what is my peace?

I've never felt it before.

True peace...

What does it feel like?

When will I feel it.

I was snapped out of my thought by a arm wrapping around my waist and pulling me. I looked up and saw I was now in Gio's arms.

"Stop worrying." He whispered as he tightened his grip around me.

I rested my head on his chest and felt it...

This was my peace...

He was my peace