29

Abdyl was now dead.

Gone-

He'd never be back.

I didn't think I'd ever be happy hearing about someone's death. But I couldn't help the relief that washed over me when I heard those words.

But was his death worth almost losing Gio?

Was his death worth Gio's pain?

No it wasn't.

My hand was lightly massaging Gio's hair as he layed in bed.

"I'm sorry I worried you." He said sitting up and I helped him.

"You should be."

He chuckled lightly at my statement then wincing slightly.

I patted his shoulder to make sure he was fine.

"I was afraid you died, Gio. Do you realise how worried I was?" I said as tears were streaming down my face.

He wiped my tears and cupped my face.

"I know. But I'm fine now, don't worry." He said taking my hand in his.

"But you're not. That scar will stay as a constant reminder of that freak." I said referring to Abdyl.

"No." He said making me raise an eyebrow.

"This scar will be a reminder of everything I'd do to make sure you're safe."

More tears fell from my eyes as he spoke.

I sat in silence looking at him. His eyes went to my lips then back to my eyes.

Before I could process anything he had lifted me up so I was now straddling him.

I looked down to make sure I wasn't anywhere near his injury.

He tightened his grip around my waist as he attached his lips to mine.

I closed my eyes as he did too.

Our lips moved in sync as my hands went around his neck.

It was a passionate kiss which was releasing all our held in emotions. I felt butterflies erupt all over my body as he deepened the kiss.

Once we were out of breath, we pulled away.

I looked into his eyes to see them darkened.

"Your injury." I said trying to get off him but his grip only tightened.

"Stay." He said.

"I'm here. I'll always be." I said to him softly and he smiled.

It was a genuine smile.

One that I doubt I'd ever seen on him.

He was at peace-

And so was I.

I wasn't sure what the kiss between us meant but I surely was glad it happened.

I leaned my head on his shoulder, careful of his injury on his stomach.

"Are you not going to tell me what went wrong?" I asked still wanting to know how all this happened.

Gio sighed but spoke.

"Abdyl was staying in some abandoned warehouse under the Russians. Alonzo found the locations so we went.

What we didn't know was that the Russians have some form of software on us already, so they'd know when they're hacked by us, no matter how discreet we are.

This made us have to change plan as we stayed in one of our own warehouses for the day. We attacked the warehouse and as the Russians had planned, they attacked us from behind.

However, I made Armani wait for the men and we made a double attack too.

Me and Abdyl fought but once he found out he'd die, his little Russian men attacked me. There were too many who attacked me at once which is why I'm injured.

But it doesn't matter because I still got to kill Abdyl with my own hand" Gio said.

I sighed. "Any news from the Russian Mafia Don."

I wanted to make sure all the trouble was gone.

"The Russian Mafia said they'd back off now. They blamed it all on Abdyl saying that he 'brainwashed them' which was obviously a lie but it doesn't matter. We don't have to worry about them anymore." Gio replied and I nodded.

"Thank god." I said moving my head to the crook of his neck.

We sat in a comfortable silence, our breathing calm and matching.

I don't know what had gotten into me but I started kissing his neck gently.

I sucked on his neck gently and he groaned a little.

"Careful, bella, you don't want me losing control." (Beautiful)

I laughed lightly at his words as I looked down to see his bulge forming.

"We can't. You're injured." I said getting off him.

He groaned lightly laying down on his back.

"I'm not going to go easy on you when I'm better then." He said shamelessly.

"I'll be counting on it Mr husband." I replied to him as I pecked his lips and lay down on his chest.