Chapter 8: Kong

(DISCLAIMER: The following is a non profit, fan based series. Monsterverse is owned by Legendary Pictures, and Attack On Titan (Shingeki No Kyojin) is owned by Hajime Isayama. Please support the original franchises.

Below the earth's crust laid a whole other world. The now destroyed Skull Island had merely been an extension of it, his people established an entire kingdom out of it, the titans of He and Godzilla's world were born from it. The Long Ago Below. The Hollow Earth.

Here is where Monarch had set up research posts to monitor, study, and better understand him. Perhaps to establish a bridge between man and titankind, or to simply put the reins on Him one day. But thanks to the one he sought to protect, Jia, the latter is likely not the case.

He swings from an enormous branch and lands with a sound of thunder, the humans as per usual, loudly announce his presence amongst themselves but strangely, that wasn't the case today.

Titanus Kong. The King of The Hollow Earth.

The fact that there were no humans to greet him was a strange site, only two humans could be seen inside the windows on one of their strange shelters, they looked distressed.

Knowing full well they were always so secretive and would seize up and focus on him alone upon arrival, he crept up from behind the building in which they conversed despite his 103 meter frame, and listened in on their squabbling. After all, if they didn't notice his dynamic entrance before, they couldn't possibly know of his presence now.

"That's the third search party to go missing in two days." one researcher say to the other

"What? You expect me to go out there myself? We just wait for another one. That's all we can do." The other says

"If something's out there you can't just-"

Sure, he could only sign but he could understand the humans fully. As soon as he heard of them being in potential danger he quickly got to work...but where could these "parties" be? The humans have bases, eyes and ears on most of the regions they usually stuck to.

Kong had noticed more humans going in the direction of the fields that were home to the earthen crab like fauna as of late so he figured to check there first.

He jumps and runs back to the throne room of his ancestors and grabs the axe made from the spinal plate from a Titanus Gojira specimen propped up against the room's enormous halls. He might need it.

He travels to the rock that resembled a large hand, climbs to the top of it and allows the changing gravity to carry him to the ground/ceiling of his domain. There, he saw a horrific site. The belongings and strange trinkets that the humans he saw carry around had been destroyed, abandoned, and bloody. A piece of fibrous cloth is ripped from a backpack and chewed on by one of the crabs while several others scavenge everything else.

He roars at the creatures, causing them to disperse and hide to blend in with their surroundings. He lowers his head and smells the remains. A familiar, unpleasant scent stings his nostrils. To his right, reptilian footprints with 4 clawed toes can be seen trailing off into the distance. Now theres no mistaking it... THEY'RE responsible for this carnage before him.

He lets out a growling snort and follows the tracks all the way to a large cave carved into the side of a mountain. Several dead animals, completely eviscerated or half eaten adorn the entrance of the cave, the skulls and bones of humans with their fleshy sinews still attached to them can also be seen coated in fresh bile.

The macabre scene infuriates The Mountain Who Thunders Death and he stomps into the reaches of the cave. His guess of the culprit was right on the money.